14.

Taylor looked at Karis as she handed him his phone back. "What are you gonna do?" She asked.

"What do you want me to do, baby?" Taylor replied. "A part of me doesn't want to hear what he has to say because he broke your heart, Zuri's heart, and Raya's heart. However, the other part does want my questions answered."

"And let's not forget that our kids are interested in each other now." Karis said.

"I beg ya pardon?" Taylor asked, making Karis quickly realize that she spilled the beans.

"Huh?" She said, deciding to play dumb.

"If you can huh, then you can hear." Taylor told her.

"Taylor, please don't say I said anything." Karis begged.

"I'm not gonna say shit because I like Jonah, but I don't like the fact that yall wanna keep secrets." Taylor fussed.

"It wasn't a secret, baby. She was waiting for a time to tell you. You know how you can get sometimes when it comes to the kids." Karis reasoned.

"Listen—Zuri is my first child out of love, Cali is my first child biologically, and Tristan is my only son. All three of them are mine and they are a part of me, and I am also protective over what's mine. It's a privilege for anyone to come into connection with them." Taylor said.

Karis nodded. "I understand, Taylor. I'm sorry."

"No need to be sorry. Thank you for understanding, baby." Taylor assured her. "Now, I've decided to meet up with Killian to see what's up. Do you want to come?"

"No, there's a reason he contacted you and I'm not ready to see him yet." Karis said.

"Aight, I'm about to call him back." Taylor told her before going to the other room.

Karis immediately began to cry silently. Deep down, she wanted this so bad. She wanted to rekindle her relationship with the King family. However, she knew it would hurt Zuri so she had to be very careful.

-

"My daddy's not here." Cali pointed out as Jonah put the car in park. "I wonder where he went."

The two of them dropped the kids off then went to the park to watch the sunset together. They really enjoyed their day which was filled with lots of fun, laughter, and excitement.

"What time is your flight, mamas?" Jonah asked.

"Five in the evening. Daddy didn't want us to worry about getting up too early." Cali replied.

"Mine is at noon." Jonah said with a sigh. "I should get going because I have to pack, but I don't want to leave you yet."

Cali giggled. "How long have you been crushing on me?"

"I always thought you were beautiful and I loved your personality. The crushing didn't start until homecoming week." Jonah replied.

"Really?" Cali asked, shocked.

Jonah nodded. "What about you?"

"Day one—low key. I thought you were really cute and a gentleman." Cali confessed.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Jonah asked.

Cali shrugged. "I thought I wasn't your type."

"You thought wrong, baby." Jonah said as he leaned in to kiss her lips.

Cali met him in the middle and wasted no time touching her lips against his. Jonah brushed his tongue against Cali's lips which she opened. Jonah's tongue invaded her mouth, and turned the kiss into a full blown make out session.