7.

Homecoming week has ended and now it was time to buckle down in the books to prepare for midterms. Cali sat on the couch as she studied for her exam. She wasn't stressed unlike Asia who a mental breakdown earlier. Cali was very calm and confident that she was going to ace her exams with flying colors.

There was a knock at the door. Cali got up and answered it. She immediately smiled when she saw Rico standing there with gray sweatpants, a white sweatshirt, and yeezy slides with white slouch socks.

"Why'd you come over here dressed like a prisoner?" Cali teased as she allowed him in.

"Girl, hush." Rico laughed. "You cooked?"

"Asia made some Haitian style spaghetti. It's on the stove." Cali told him as she led the way to the kitchen. Asia's maternal great grandmother was Haitian and taught her how to make a handful Haitian food when she was a child.

"Is it good? I never had it." Rico asked.

"Yeah, it's really good." Cali replied. She fixed Rico a plate and handed it to him along with a fork.

Rico tasted the spaghetti and nodded. "Oh yeah. Asia did her big one on this. Where her big headed ass at anyway?"

"She's taking a nap after she had her breakdown earlier; so she won't be able to listen to your speech." Cali said.

Cali and Rico had public speaking together and they had to do informative speeches for their midterm. Cali already did hers the day prior, and Rico was due for his the next day. He just needed to double check that his speech reached the required seven minutes, and timing himself was not working.

"She gotta get her ass up." Rico said as he put his plate down on the counter. "Where her room at?"

"No, don't go bothering her." Cali fussed.

Rico smirked. "You must want me to yourself."

"Shut up." Cali chuckled.

"Come here." Rico said as he licked his lips. Cali did as told and Rico grabbed her face. He leaned in and gave her a few pecks on her lips. "You cool with that?" Cali nodded while blushing a little. "Good because I want more."

The two of them went out more since Saturday and they've had some study dates together as well. They've grown more of a liking to each other than just seeing each other in class and on campus.

Rico went in for a few more kisses just as Asia walked into the kitchen while rubbing her eyes. Once her version was cleared, her eyes bucked at the scene in front of her.

"Y'all grown as fuck!" Asia yelled, making both of them jump.

"Oh my gosh." Cali said who was fully embarrassed.

"Damn, Asia. You couldn't be sleep for a few more minutes?" Rico complained.

"Hell nah! I woke up just in time." Asia replied.

Rico sucked his teeth. "Let me hurry up and eat this food so I can do my damn speech. You done chapped my ass."

"Boy, shut the fuck up and come on." Asia told him.

"Cali, get your friend." Rico said as he resumed to eating his food.

"Rodrico, fuck you!" Asia retorted, making Cali laugh.

The two of them began to go back and forth and Cali pulled out her phone to record. She didn't know when they were going to get around to Rico's speech, but she knew it wouldn't happen any time soon.

-

"So, Asia told me that she caught Cali and Rico kissing yesterday." Kyran said as he and Jonah sat in the cafe eating lunch.