19.

Killian sighed as he knocked on the door with a gift sitting in his other hand. It slowly opened and Raya gave him a slight side eye. "What do you want?" She asked.

"Can I come in?" Killian asked. "Please."

Raya hesitated a bit, but she allowed Killian inside. He was shocked; however, he wasted no time walking into the apartment because he didn't want to give her a chance to change her mind.

They went and sat on one of the couches in the living room. "I got you a little something." Killian said as he handed her the small wrapped box. "Merry Christmas."

"Thank you." Raya replied. She slowly opened it and slightly smiled at the diamond necklace. "Thanks, it's beautiful."

"You're welcome. I was hoping you would like it." Killian told her.

Raya sighed. "I should've went with you and Jonah." She blurted out. "That was my biggest regret."

"My biggest regret was letting you go." Killian said. "I should've fought harder for you, and I should've never treated you the way I did at the end—you didn't deserve that. I still love you."

"I still love you too." Raya sniffled. "We have so much to catch up on and so much to fix."

Killian nodded. "Yeah, I'm already knowing."

"But we can worry about that later." Raya said as she quickly went in for a kiss.

Killian was shocked, but didn't waste any time kissing Raya back. She straddled his lap as she used her tongue to part his lips.

They both knew this was the last thing they should be doing with each other. However, they've been craving each other for the last two decades. Plus, Raya hasn't had sex since she was with Killian—it's been a very long time. Thank God this happened before she started menopause and before Killian's soldiers retired.

Killian's phone began to ring, making him pull back from the kiss reluctantly. He had one arm wrapped around Raya's waist with his hand sitting on her ass while he used his other hand to take his phone out of his sweatpants pocket.

"I gotta take this." He said as he answered the phone for Heather. "Hello?"

"Hey, somebody wants to say good night." Heather said on the other end of the phone. "Go ahead, peanut."

Killian smiled as he heard Madison's giggle. "Good night, daddy. I love you, see you tomorrow!"

Killian chuckled. "I love you too. Sleep tight, okay?"

"Okay, daddy." Madison replied.

Killian and Heather exchanged a few more words before they hung up. He went back in to resume kissing, but Raya turned her head. "Are you in a relationship?" She asked.

"What?" Killian said.

"You heard me. Are you in a relationship? Your daughter sounds like she can't be no more than three or four." Raya replied. "I'm too old to be a side bitch and you're too old to be cheating."

Killian sighed. He began to tell Raya about what's been going on from Thanksgiving to the present. Raya was shocked and sick. She never understood how someone could hurt an innocent child.

"I'm so sorry, Killian. I can't imagine how hard it is to go through that." Raya said.

"It's tough as hell. I'm thinking about moving back to Memphis just to be closer to family so I can have that support system near again. I refuse to hire another nanny—that was the biggest mistake of my life." Killian told her.

Raya nodded. "I understand."

"But I have some frustration and anger built up that I need to get out of my system. The gym isn't enough." Killian said as he squeezed Raya's butt.