15.

"I missed y'all so much." Asia said as they all group hugged which is something she made them do.

Jonah chuckled. "We missed you too, Asia."

"And the fact that y'all are together now is insane to me!" Asia exclaimed once they pulled away from the hug.

"We haven't made anything official yet. We're just dating." Cali said as Jonah nodded.

"Hold your horses, dear." Jonah chimed in.

"Well, y'all are together in my eyes. We can start going out on double dates!" Asia squealed.

"Lord have mercy." Kyran mumbled.

"So, y'all! Give us the holiday details!" Asia said as they all sat down on Kyran and Jonah's couch.

"My week was chill. There's nothing really to tell besides us starting to date, and yall know how it went when he met my family—again." Cali replied.

"Yeah, same here—and we were together everyday." Kyran told Asia as he kissed her cheek.

"Jonah, you're quiet." Asia said.

Jonah sighed. "Well, my dad is living in his condo in Conyers right now."

"Huh?" Cali questioned.

"After I dropped you off at home, I walked in on Shayla beating my dad's ass. She accused him of cheating with Raya and he said he didn't do it." Jonah explained.

"Damnnnn!" Kyran exclaimed. "You think he's creeping?"

Jonah shook his head. "Nah, he's not."

"That's crazy." Asia sighed. "How bad did she beat him up?"

"He ended up with a busted lip, bloody nose, and a black eye. He didn't hit her back or anything because if he did, then she would probably be in a coma. I think he's thinking about divorcing her and getting custody of Madi though. He doesn't deal with that crazy domestic violence shit." Jonah ranted. "And he was about to get her a new car for Christmas—done fucked that up."

"I'll take it. My Altima is on its last wheel." Asia said.

"Because you driving that bitch like a mother fucking hellcat!" Kyran said, making Cali and Jonah laugh because it was true. Asia was the stereotypical Nissan Altima driver.

"Nobody asked you a fuck ass thang!" Asia retorted.

Kyran shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"You ain't said shit!" Asia said.

Cali and Jonah laughed as Asia and Kyran continued to go back and forth. It was nice being with the group again.

-

Karis sat in the chair as Zuri installed a sew in for her. Karis was so proud of Zuri for following in her footsteps. She was reminded of herself in so many ways.

"So, pumpkin." Karis said, breaking the silence. "I need to talk to you about something, but I need you to promise me that you won't poke me with this needle."

"I would never poke you with a sew in needle." Zuri replied.

"I decided to have a talk with Killian." Karis blurted out.

"For what?" Zuri asked.

"He reached out to Taylor, and it's something that I am opened to." Karis replied. Zuri kept quiet as she continued to do Karis' hair. "I don't want you to feel a certain way because I plan on having a talk with him."

"How am I supposed to feel?!" Zuri snapped. "All he's gonna do is give some bullshit ass excuse on why he did what he did. It's been twenty years since we've spoken with him and we've been just fine. I'm pretty sure we can survive twenty more."