21.

"Merry Christmas, baby." Taylor said as he kissed Karis' lips. He handed her a small box, making her smile.

"What's this?" Karis asked.

"Just a little something to get the day started." Taylor replied. "Open it."

Karis opened the box and gasped when she saw the new Pandora charm bracelet with all the kids' first initials and their birthstones. "Aww, Taylor. This is beautiful. Thank you!"

"Anything for you." Taylor said, kissing her lips again.

All of a sudden, Zuri, Cali, and Tristan burst into their room with their matching pajamas already on. "Merry Christmas, 'rents!" Zuri said as she jumped on the bed. "Breakfast casserole is being heated up in the oven and LoLo is frying the chicken while auntie is making the waffles and my husband is making the eggs and hash browns."

Before everyone came to the house, Karis and Taylor prepped everything for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Everything had to be either heated or cooked. For Christmas breakfast, they had choices of breakfast casserole, chicken and waffles, a charcuterie board, doughnuts, toast, eggs, hash browns, bacon, and fruit.

"I feel like yall should be down there helpin—"

"Oh, mama! This is nice!" Cali exclaimed as she grabbed the charm bracelet. "And it has all of our initials and birthstones. This was really thoughtful, daddy."

"Thank you, baby girl. Now, I think yall should be—"

"I'm so glad mama picked us to wear white pajamas. We look holy." Tristan said while Zuri fixed his collar.

"Don't make me beat yall ass. Yall know what I'm trying to say and keep interrupting." Taylor said, making the kids laugh. "Go help them set up."

"Everything is set, daddy." Cali told him as she looked up at him like she did when she was younger.

Taylor smiled and kissed her forehead. "Thank you, daddy's girl."

"Thank you, daddy's girl." Zuri and Tristan mocked.

"Don't be jealous because my daddy loves me." Cali retorted.

"Your daddy? Girl—he our daddy too!" Zuri fussed.

Karis laughed. "Cali, Tristan—I do need y'all to give us a moment with Zuri though."

"Well, actually—I want all of them to be here." Taylor said and Karis nodded.

"What is it?" Tristan asked.

"Umm, we've been talking a lot with Killian these last few days and he told me about what happened when we weren't allowed to enter Dear and Nanny C's funeral." Karis said.

Zuri rolled her eyes. She felt like her parents always wanted to talk aboutj certain things at the wrong time. "Look, it's Christmas and my baby is about to wake up soon. I don't have time to be thinking about them over there. I just want to have a good time with my family. We can talk about this later."

"He—umm—he asked if he could come over with Jonah just to see everyone." Karis stammered. "I told him that I would have to talk to you about it. Your siblings already said they didn't care—as long as you were okay with it."

"Mama, I already spoke about what I felt about the situation. If you and Taylor can't understand that, then I can pack up my little family and go home because I am not about to repeat myself." Zuri retorted.

"Oop—" Tristan said, making Cali nudge him.

"Alright, we apologize." Taylor chimed in.

"Y'all are always apologizing but keep bringing up the same bullshit." Zuri snapped.