Two

September 3rd, 1977
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛

Monday morning came around pretty quickly, and when I woke up at 7 am on the very first day of classes, I was pretty much ready and rearing to go.

I wasted absolutely no time in jumping out of bed and rushing to pull my uniform on. The simple black shirt that fit nicely on my body, now that I was 16, I was filling it out a bit more, not that anyone had ever noticed such a thing. 

Well, except for Reg, but he mostly just took the piss... as usual.

Next was my fitted white school shirt, which was buttoned up and tucked in quickly before I did my tie and pulled on a grey Gryffindor sweater. 

My roommates were just starting to wake up as I slipped my shoes on, a plain black pair of ankle books with just the slightest hint of a heel, and grabbed my robes and wand.

"Morning." I smiled at the pair who both grumbled. 

Laura and Georgia were nice girls and really good room mates... I just wasn't hugely close to them outside of the dorms. It wasn't anything specific, and I still counted them as friends. We just didn't hang out all that much except for being in the Gryffindor common room or the dorms. 

Sometimes we'll eat together, if I wasn't eating with Reggie, that is.

"Sorry to rush off, I'm meeting Reg for breakfast." I quickly explained as I grabbed my things for todays classes.

"Don't worry Jo, We get it, First day of school traditions and all." Lauran chuckled as she climbed out of bed. "You joining us for dinner tonight, though?" 

"erm... yeah, sure." I smiled before I quickly waved goodbye and dashed out the door, heading to the common room where a few others sat... Sirius and James included. 

James Potter was the captain of the Quidditch team and was a good friend of mine... mostly, he led our conversations to Quidditch, but sometimes I could have normal conversations with him.

"Morning Cap." I called out as I rushed past them, waving at the boys who turned to look at me, one in shock, the other with a soft smile and a wave.

"Morning Jo! You're in a hurry." Ja.es called out as I reached the portrait door.

"Meeting Reg!" I called out before I left through the portrait to find a bored looking Regulus Black. "Morning sour puss."

"Morning gob shite..." he grumbled, rolling his eyes as he pushed himself off of the wall. "You're in an annoyingly chipper mood."

"First day of classes Reg. I'm excited to get started on our second to last year of school."

"Mmm... I just want food." Reg shrugged as we began to walk away, leaving me to catch up. 

Reg and I walked, happily chatting, to the Great hall, where, like every first day of classes since our first year at Hogwarts, Reg and I found a couple of empty spots at the end of the Slytherin table. I took my seat, ignoring all the annoyed glances as I turned my attention to Reg, who was telling me another reason why he shouldn't have to try out for the Quidditch team this year.

"I'm by far the best player our team has, I mean, I've been playing since our 2nd year, and without me, they wouldn't ever win a game." he boasted, making me laugh at his reasoning.

"Reg, you're a seeker... no team can win without their seeker... besides, I have to try out of my team again. It's just how things work." I reminded him with a shrug.

As the food began to appear, I noticed the Great Hall open and in walked James, Sirius, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.

James and Sirius glanced over to where I was sitting, both waving, grinning like idiots.