Twelve

Novermber 16th 1977
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛

It was passed lunch time on a sunny Saturday afternoon, Reggie and I were out studying for charms and divination on the grass by the lake.

I had spent the entire day... or well, morning with Reggie, finally having time to hang out together, without people interrupting or either of us having to rush off for Quidditch practice, hanging out with other friends or study sessions.

We had already done most of our homework together, I had a bit left in my dorm, but for now, I was enjoying my time with my best friend.

Just the two of us making idle chit-chat while working hard.

"You think we'll ever actually need Divination after we finish school?" I asked, looking up from my textbook, scrunching my nose at the ridiculousness of it.

"I told you not to choose Divination, but you didn't listen." Reggie laughed, looking up from his own book.

"It was the only class I haven't taken, and I wanted to see how it was. Really, it's mostly just making stuff up, and the Professor just gives you top marks, especially if you know the person you're making predictions for and are pretty predictable themselves." I joked as I finished my last sentence.

"So who have you made 'accurate' predictions for?" He asked, looking at me with an amusing smirk. "What predictions did you make?"

"I predicted you would meet old friends, James Potter would prank Professor Slughorn, and Sirius would find a 'new love' that would quickly burn out before the weeks end." I laughed, shaking my head at him. "I also predicted Gryffindor would beat Ravenclaw in their match last week, and I got that right too. The Professor is convinced I'm a seer or some shit." I laughed.

"Most of them would be pretty much spot on to predicted." Reggie laughed, looking back down at his work.

"Well, I'm done. This week's predictions are that Peeves will prank someone, Mcgonagall will yell at Sirius, and James and Remus are in for a rough night in a couple of days' time." I smiled. "All though, the Remus one isn't so much as a predictions, I just wanted to include him."

"You are so weird hanging out with my blood traitor, brother, and his moron friends."

"They aren't that bad, Reggie. Besides, they take care of me when fellow Gryffindor's are set on destroying me because of my friendship with you."

"I still don't like it." He shrugged.

"Well, it's my life, and as long as I don't replace you, it's not really up for your opinion." I joked, sticking my tongue out at him, making him laugh.

"Fair enough." He shrugged, packing his books away as I did mine. "Now I'm done. Let's go back inside."

"Sure, I've got to go write a letter home, dad is insisting I write more often." I chuckled as we stood up and walked with Reggie towards the school.

Reggie was about to reply when a voice called him, and we both turned around to see his Slytherin friends.

"Listen, I'll catch up with you later Jo, I've been meaning to talk them and.."

"It's fine, go." I smiled before saying a quick goodbye and turning to walk off towards the castle.

Walking back to the Gryffindor common room alone was quiet as I walked down the hall, not another soul in sight, which in reality made me nervous.

Never, except maybe on a Hogsmead day, were the corridors so quiet.

Without looking into it too much, I walked, slowly down the hall, and made my way off to the Gryffindor common room.

In the quiet I had some time to think to myself.

It wasn't exactly about anything in particular. It was just about anything and everything that had happened in the last few months.

"Hello Jolena!" A voice called from above.

I looked up to see Peeves floating around with a bucket of something or other.

"Hello, Peeves." I called up warily as I stopped in my path. "Are you OK?"

"Did you know your friends like at pull tricks on people?" He grinned mischievously.

"I did know that, yes." I chuckled.

"And do you know what Peeves is best at?"

"What's that?"

"Tricks!"

It all seemed to happen in slow motion.

One minute, I'm looking up at the mischievous ghost.

The next thing I knew, my eyesight was blocked by... goop

"Ugh! Peeves, what the hell!?" I yelled, annoyed at him.

"Ha, I tricked you! I tricked you!" The ghost sang proudly as I began to move his voice fading, and all I could hear was his laughing.

I blindly felt my way to the nearest bathroom, Peeves laughing behind me.

"Stupid Poltergeist." I mumbled as I felt for the sink and flipped the water on.

With a sigh, I pulled my shirt over my head and placed it under the water to soke it.

"Erm, Joey..?" I heard a deep, voice call.

One is definitely not belonging to a female, making me jump.

"I'm not in the girls' bathroom, am I?" I sighed as I wiped my face off with my shirt and opened my eyes to see Sirius Black stood in front of me, trying to fight back a smirk as he shook his head. "Fantastic, I'm stood shirtless in the boys' bathroom." I huffed as I did what I could to clean myself off, not caring too much that Sirius was looking me up and down.

"What happened?" He chuckled as he reached forward and grabbed my shirt. "Here, let's me help." He chuckled as I struggled.

"Thanks." I sighed as I sat on the sink side, my back against the wall. "Peeves happened."

"Ah, that sucks." He chuckled as he wiped off my face.

It was weird having him so close to me.

It made my stomach flip.

A lot.

"Did he hurt you at all?" Sirius asked as he moved a piece of hair that was stuck on my forehead.

"Just my pride and dignity." I joked, shaking my head. Sirius shook his head as he stepped back. "So what brings you here? In the boys' bathroom?"

"I was just changing, I was out with James on the Quidditch pitch. He wanted help training." He shrugged.

It was then that I noticed he wasn't in uniform. He was in casual clothes, his pants hung low on his waist, and his chest was bare.

"Well, that's good, cos the cap need the practice." I joked as I took the shirt from his hands and looked down at it. "Well, I can't wear this now, can I?"

Sirius let off a chuckle as he walked over to his bag and pulled out a shirt, handing it to me.

"Here." He smiled. "I have a spare, in case James throws me in the mud like he has done a thousand times before."

"Thanks, Sirius." I smiled as I pulled the shirt over my head.

"Anytime, Princess." Sirius chuckled as he kissed my forehead and left.

Leaving me utterly speechless.

He just kissed me...

Ok, sure, it was my forehead, but still.

Sirius had never shown such affection towards me before.

Once I was fully cleaned off, I rushed back to the common room, heading straight to the dorm where I spent some time writing a letter home, doing my homework and ignoring the skipping heart beat, the flipping stomach and the constant mind wondering to a bare chested Sirius Black.