Eight

October 30th 1977
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛

I woke up pretty early on the day I was to go on my date with Richard Thomas. I changed into a pair of jeans and a t shirt before heading downstairs and out of the common room to then great hall for breakfast.

I sat quietly, eating, my eyes flicking around the room, searching for some comfort.

I was to go on a date with someone who was known to be a bit of a ladies' man, and I had no idea what I was to do or to wear.

Lily and Georgia apparently thought about this and was set on helping me because when I got back to my room, they were writing through my things.

"Erm, hi." I called out catching their attention.

"Hey." Lily smiled as she held out a yellow dress with a white collar. "What about this, Georgia?"

"Oh, yeah, with these?" Georgia smiled as she held up a pair of black shoes.

"Perfect." Lily nodded.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked as Georgia walked over and grabbed a hold of my hands.

"Helping you get ready for your date." She squealed as she pushed me down into a chair.

"But..." I began, but the girls just got on with making me up.

For a while, I just sat quiet and let them do as they wished, Georgia fixed my hair, making small talk with Lily as she did. Alice, Lily's friend, and Lauran, my other roommate, joined us in the dorm, and they too began to help. 

Lily did my make up and being a witch of pure blood descent, I wasn't fully familiar with what she was doing, but after being told to hush a fair few times, I just let Lily get on with it.

Pretty soon, the girls had done with their work and left, ordering me to change immediately.

With a huff, I put on the yellow dress, a pair of white tights before pulling on the black shoes, and slipped on my jacket.

Once ready, I looked over my outfit and let out a sigh.

This really wasn't me.

I like it, but it wasn't my style at all.

It was too girly.

I let out a huff, I looked my wand into my jacket and wandered downstairs to the common room where Sirius and James were sat, Lily, Georgia, Lauran, and Alice no where to be seen.

"Potter, have you seen your girlfriend?" I called out, gaining their attention.

"I have. She's beautiful." James grinned.

"Not what I meant idiot." I rolled my eyes.

It was then that I noticed Sirius wasn't even looking at me. He wasn't acknowledging my presence.

"I'm sorry, but she left. She said if I saw you to wish you good luck and she'd be around if you needed her." He spoke, "You look nice today, Joey."

"Oh, erm... thanks, James. I'm not too sure it's really me, but Lils and Ali made a lot of effort to put my outfit together, so.." I shrugged.