16 💐

Saturday

Today will be a good day! It has to be. I woke up in high spirits and for some reason, I'm bubbling with happiness on the inside. I could say it's because of the game night, but a more truthful reason will be because I'll get to see you know who.

Yesterday had been really great even though that bastard tried to ruin my day at the start. I told Joshua a bit about myself, the call I received that morning, skipping BangChan related details, the reason I moved to Korea and also the issue with my dad. I found it easier to let out, more than I thought I'd ever be able to.
He held me close as his voice, a soothing balm, cocooned me in warmth. I'd forever treasure the memories of yesterday, the urgency in his voice when he'd called and the fact fact that he came running to me to ensure I was alright.

I didn't realize tears were streaming down my face till I felt him trying to wipe them. He paid attention to every single word I spoke, he even made me laugh at some point. He was like a drug I never knew I'd need.

I must have fallen asleep in his arms after crying so much as we talked, because I woke up on my bed late at night with no Joshua in sight. I found a note in the kitchen saying he needed to go as he was called back to the dorm. He'd ordered takeout for dinner so I'd have something to eat when I woke up.

He'd even helped me fix my messy room, thought a bit embarrassing, but that was really thoughtful and sweet of him. Looking back at my relationship with Michael, I was the one who was always trying to make it work, at least for the first few months. We went on dates to the most expensive restaurants, he gave me beautiful jewelry, dresses and all, but I longed for more than that, and I do not mean sex. I received zero true affection from him. The littlest things were like a burden to Michael, the man doesn't even know what meals I love to eat.

I'm begining to realize that it's the little things that matter, making out time for the one you care about, listening and assuring them that it'd be okay. The thought of seeing Joshua again today made me so excited.

______________

Somi had dropped me at the store and  gone over to her parent's house to visit for a few hours while I and the girls got busy with the shop. She'll be back later in the evening to pick me so we can head to the dorms for the games night.

"Unnie, this came in for you" Sana hands me a rather large box.

"From who?" I ask as I receive it,  placing it on the table.

"Park Chanyeol. There's a note"

Chanyeol

"Alright, thank you. You may go now"

Why would Chanyeo send me a luxury box? I took out the note and cursed myself for being so forgetful.

Hey,

I hope you like the dress,
Looking forward to seeing you tonight.
Be ready by 8, I'll pick you up.

Yeol.

How could I forget? Somi had asked me to cancel the dinner with him, I'd gotten so caught up with activities and it totally skipped my mind. I open the box and there's a classic black dress and another box containing a pair of earrings and necklace.

Are we getting married without my knowledge? All these for a simple dinner? And he got my dress size right. Imagine I was caught wearing all these and having dinner with him, the internet would go wild. I take out my phone to call him, I feel so bad that I have to cancel last minute.