26 💐

Chanyeol

Chanyeol

"If you keep moving around like that I'll end up with a migraine" I hear Baekhyn's voice echo with frustration.

I've been pacing around the studio for over twenty minutes, the lyrics I'm attempting to put together blurring before my eyes.

"Sit man, let's talk" he says reaching to grab a bottle of water.

"I can't believe I messed up this badly" I mutter, my hands running through my disheveled hair.

Baekhyun sits on a stool facing me, concern evident on his face as he observes me.

"Finally ready to tell me what happened?"

"It's not like I didn't want to tell you" I pause to take a seat across from him "it's just that. . . I had a trip the very next day and telling you over the phone? I didn't think you'd understand"

"What happened, Yeol?" He asks, trying to decipher whatever emotion he's seeing on my face.

"You know, this studio feels haunted now, because it's right here I fucked up" I say, the weight of regret hanging heavy on my shoulders as I remember the days of failed attempts to reach Celine, my desperation growing with every unanswered call.

"I'm listening" he says dropping the bottle of water after taking a few sips. I nod, my mind racing and consumed by the thoughts of Celine.

"I've been attracted to her since the first day I saw her, her doe eyes, beautiful smile, the warmth she carried. The day I got the plants, remember?" I ask and he nods "I'd seen a few tags about her store and wanted to give it a try, I felt something the moment I laid my eyes on her that very first day. And now. . . . I've fallen for her. She plagued my thoughts all those weeks I was away and I just knew I had to see her, so I visited the store again, immediately I arrived ag__"

"Was she the reason you hurried off that day?" he asks, interrupting me.

"Yeah, she was. Seeing her again that day, my heart swelled. Bro, I'm not sure any woman has ever made me feel this way, I find myself wanting something more, something stable with her. For the first time I didn't give a fuck about being seen with her. I've tried, you know. . . . tried having a dinner date with her but she had some engagement with her best friend and couldn't make it. So we just kept talking over the phone but I never told her how I felt, I don't know if I might have dropped hints with the way I behaved around her. But, I knew it was high time I told her how I felt. So I called her last week and she agreed to stop by the studio shortly. I was going to confess to her, tell her how much she means to me. I made a song for her Baek, something special. But then . . . I lost control, seeing her walking through that door looking so beautiful and heavenly, I lost it and kissed her impulsively and she slapped me. I deserved that anyway. You should have seen her face, she had tears in her eyes and I felt my heart being ripped apart. What's worse? Someone overhead everything over the phone"