29

⚠️Mentions of cruelty, blood and bodily harm

⚠️
Mentions of cruelty, blood and bodily harm. You can skip and Continue after this sign. 🛑

3 days, 3 bloody days since I was served as a living sacrifice for k-netizens to shred to pieces. My dad did see the articles sweetly written about me and he did not spare me, after not taking his calls that day, he'd sent me the warmest text, so warm I froze. My dear father called me even worse names than whatever was being said about me online. It was pure Vernom. His words cut deep, labeling me a disgraceful daughter, shattering any hope I harbored for a reconciliation or his understanding. Michael fed him enough junk and he made sure to twist the knife within me.

Zarin returned my calls and tried as much as he could to bring me some comfort. I didn't want to bother him too much, especially now when he's trying to get back with Elle. I really don't want to add to his issues, I'll be fine - I tell myself. I'll be fine even though I'm not allowed to go to the flower shop for days now due to the constant threats. Even when I still can't see Joshua, the company said to stay away from each other to avoid being seen publicly. But, I wish he could sometimes just sneak out to come see me because I'm going c-r-a-z-y at this point.

I sprawl on my bed, my thoughts a tumultuous swirl while my phone rings persistently, interrupting my reverie. I hesitate to answer not recognizing the number. After another ring, I pick up, hearing the voice of an anxious customer on the other end, she inquires about her pre-wedding bouquet.

Didn't Sana send out the emails notifying the customers to come for their orders before the shop was closed 2 days ago?

Apologizing profusely, I explain that the shop has been closed for a few days due to unforseen circumstances. However, I promise to rush back and ensure she gets the bouquet in time for the shoot.

I drop the call and begin to dress up, ready to go to the shop. I pause, a moment of contemplation washes over me, pondering whether it's wise to step out in the midst of the recent online Chaos, those photos of me and Jeonghan ignited more speculations hate and threats, plus I'd been asked to stay away from the shop. But, the thought of disappointing a customer on her special occasion troubles me deeply.

Determined to honor my commitment, I slip into a black hoodie and face mask, attempting to conceal my identity further before stepping into the wild streets of Seoul, I put on a quirky bucket hat, which makes me chuckle as I glance at my reflection in the mirror.

I pick up just my phone and shop keys and head out, flagging a taxi, grateful that I saw one the moment I step out because I was already having second thoughts the moment the cold air hit my face. As I step into the flower shop, I'm greeted by a flood of emotions. I miss my sanctuary, I miss working here, crafting beautiful bouquets with my hands, nurturing those delicate potted plants, meeting so many amazing people here. Remembering all little moments shared with Joshua here, I take a deep breath, wiping the tears which were threatening to fall from my eyes.