Chapter 6: Quidditch Season

It was the first Quidditch match of the school year and the stands were overly crowded, especially because there were two other schools present as well. Kiara followed Morgan to meet up with Ron and Hermione. It was pouring rain and there was thunder and lightning which made it harder to hear anything Lee Jordan was commenting on.

Gryffindor was out on the field and warming up as Hufflepuff flew out. Cedric had his hood on as he brought his team in for a last huddle, before he met Angelina in the middle. Madam Hooch tossed the coin before Cedric and Angelina shook hands and the whistle was blown.

"I can't see anything!" Ron shouted over the thunder. It was hard to look at the sky when rain fell into their eyes as they tried.

Morgan held tightly onto the umbrella as they saw other people's fly away. They waited and watched, hoping to keep up with what was happening on the field.

"Look!" I point up, just as Cedric and Harry flew into the clouds and disappeared after the Snitch.

"Where did they go?" Ron frowned, "Bloody Snitch."

Kiara didn't know how long it had been before they saw Harry come spiraling down. Cedric followed him, arm outstretched to try and catch Harry.

"Cedric Diggory caught the Snitch!" Lee shouted as everyone froze in spot and watched Harry fall, "Hufflepuff wins!" Lee continued before Snape rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Arresto Momentum!" Dumbledore's voice thundered over the storm as Harry landed safely with Cedric close behind him.

The next half hour was hectic. Harry was rushed to the Infirmary, while everyone else made their way back into the school. The winner of the game was the last thing on people's mind because, even though Cedric caught the Snitch, they had to discuss the validity of it and if it counted. The players circled around Madam Hooch.

"Silence," Madam Hooch demanded, "Diggory caught the Snitch, no doubt..."

"Madam, we don't mind a rematch. The weather was an obvious disadvantage for both of our teams," Cedric offered, glancing between the two teams.

"No, you would've caught it even if Harry didn't fall," Angelina said honestly and some of her teammates agreed.

She was right. Cedric did have the lead when Harry and he were chasing the Snitch into the clouds.

"Just to clarify, Miss Johnson, you are saying you don't want a rematch?" Professor McGonagall repeated. As the head of the Gryffindor house, of course she wanted a rematch. But it was the captain's decision.

"I think it was won by the Hufflepuff's fair and square," Johnson said honestly, before she held out her hand to Cedric, "good game, Cedric."

Cedric was impressed and definitely respected her more for admitting Hufflepuff won. All the Houses took Quidditch extremely seriously, so for Angelina to not take Cedric up on a rematch showed she had good and honest sportsmanship.