Chapter 8: Rumors

The next day, Morgan, Angelina, and Kiara walked down the corridor toward the library because Morgan and Angelina needed to finish their project for Magical Creatures' class.

"I can't believe they're going to let Potter compete," Angelina sighed heavily, "he's barely just turned fourteen. There's no way that should be legal."

"How did he get selected?" Kiara asked them, frowning, "We all saw what happened to Fred and George when they tried to manipulate the age line. I mean, I know Harry's a strong wizard but he's young. I don't think he could've done it."

"I don't think he even wanted to be a part of the Triwizard Tournament. I think he just wanted to take the back seat this year," Morgan shook her head, agreeing with Kiara.

"I'm completely with you girls on this," Angelina nodded, "and with all this Dementor business...are you okay?" she turned to ask Kiara.

"Yeah, I haven't had any problems with them," she decided not to tell them about what happened the previous night. Even then, the Dementors weren't after her. She added, "They really seem to like Harry though."

"I'm glad none of us have the Dementors' attention, but Harry's not the only one with a dark past," Morgan shrugged. She had a point.

"Okay, can we talk about you and Cedric?" Angelina nudged Kiara, "How could you date my Quidditch rival without telling me."

"Cedric and I aren't dating," Kiara laughed.

She crossed her arms, "That's not what everyone's saying."

Kiara looked at Morgan who was chuckling. Morgan shrugged, "I can't believe you haven't heard."

"What? What are people saying?" Kiara asked them, curious. She never let gossip or rumors get to her. The fact that people liked to talk about other people was mind numbing. However, this had her interest and she wanted to know what people were saying about Cedric and her.

"There's good and bad," Morgan broke it to her, "people are saying Cedric finally met his match or that you're the one for him."

"There's also talk that you're playing him or vice versa," Angelica added.

"I wasn't going to tell her that, but..." Morgan frowned at Angelina before linking arms with me.

"Okay, well, I don't know how or where people are coming up with this because Cedric and I have only been friendly," Kiara told them, "besides, I think he's too busy to date these days. And dating someone would require us to even go on a date which we haven't, so..."

"He's Hogwarts' Golden Boy. I don't think we'd blame you if you did want to date him," Angelina winked at her.

"Do you want to date him?" Morgan asked Kiara.

Kiara shrugged, but her knees grew weak as she remembered the night before in the corridors. They reached the library doors and Kiara said, "I'll see you girls later. Have fun on your project."