Chapter 27: The Third Task

Once exams where over, everyone waited in anticipation of the third task. The Champions had a clue that it would be a maze and whoever got to the Cup first would be the winner. Of course, no one believed it would be that simple.

"I'm sure it's hexed or there will be creatures inside," Rory said. The gang was outside, enjoying the warm summer day. The task was going to be held the next day and there would be a feast that night to wish all the Champions good luck.

"Oh, of course," Cedric agreed, "whatever it is. I'm ready."

"What if there's a twist and the third task isn't what it seems at all?" Morgan played with the idea.

"What do you mean?" Kiara asked her as everyone turned their attention to Morgan.

"I mean, what if the maze is just the front. What if there's a hidden task inside the maze and you have to get through that," she shrugged.

"Do you know something?" Cedric asked her, "Care to share?"

"No," Morgan laughed, "I don't know anything. I'm just throwing ideas out there."

"Well, Cedric's well prepared," Malcolm grinned, "and he's going to win."

"Hell yeah he is!" Anthony cheered on.

Kiara leaned into Cedric as their friends moved the conversations along. She asked him, lowly, "What are your plans after dinner?"

"I have one plan, and that's you," he said back to her, smiling, before pulling her into him.

Kiara laughed, "One last night before you're a whole champion and more famous."

"Please," Cedric laughed as well but rolled his eyes, "as much fun as this tournament has been, I'm ready for the summer holiday."

"You can say that again," Kiara agreed. They sat around in the courtyard with the rest of their friends and other students until it was time for dinner.

Students were expected to be in their robes for the dinner, so everyone went to their dormitories to change.

"So, what do you have planned for tonight?" Morgan asked Kiara as they changed.

Kiara bit her lip, "Best night of his life, is what."

Morgan laughed, "If you two don't get married after all this, I'll give up on love."

"Do you even believe in love?" Kiara asked her, jokingly.

Morgan thought about it for a moment, "I think so. Just haven't found the right person."

"You will," Kiara smiled at her best friend, then asked, "Ready?"

"Yup, let's get to this feast," Morgan linked arms with her and the two girls went down to meet the boys in the common room.

They walked together to the Great Hall, where students were socializing and mingling before the feast began. Kiara pulled away from Morgan as Cedric did the same from his friends to meet her halfway.

He swooped her into his arms and hugged her, "Sucks that you're a Gryffindor and we can't sit next to each other."

Kiara laughed, "Well, you could've easily been a Gryffindor, but..."

It was true. Cedric Diggory would have done great as a Gryffindor. However, he was a perfect Hufflepuff.

Cedric shook his head, "Hufflepuff til the end, baby."