Chapter 17: Revelations

Kiara joined her friends at the Gryffindor table while Cedric and his team went up to accept their hard earned Quidditch Cup. Hufflepuff House could not stop cheering while the rest of the Houses and schools clapped along politely. Neither Gryffindor nor Slytherin were happy that they didn't get to the finals that year and Ravenclaw thought they had a chance to win.

"So, Cedric invited everyone to the after party," Kiara told her friends. Half of them glared at her for even suggesting it. She frowned, "What? We can at least party on their behalf."

"It's a Hufflepuff party," Morgan insisted, "there's going to be booze and weed. Even you guys can't turn that down," she pointed at the Twins.

Kiara laughed, "Exactly, so stop with the fake hatred and just be happy you got invited."

"You realize you're still wearing a Hufflepuff jersey at our table?" Fred pointed at Kiara. Kiara didn't have time to change for dinner because she was cramming in a study session.

"You two are horrible," George chuckled, looking at Morgan and Kiara, before nudging his brother, "we're going."

Morgan tossed a shimmery sequenced gold dress from her trunk to Kiara and said, "That's all you!"

Kiara shook her head, "I can't. I have to go on patrol tonight. I'll only be at the party for two minutes."

Morgan gave her a blunt look as Angelina said, "Well, then hurry back here and change before you go on patrol."

"You guys are bad influences," Kiara shook her finger at them in good humor.

Morgan grinned, "Yeah we are. It's a miracle how you became Prefect."

"Good grades and never got caught," Kiara laughed as she gave in and changed into the gorgeous gold dress. She let her hair fall freely before pulling on knee-high black boots. Morgan decided to wear a little black dress while Angelica went with black shorts and a matching lacey top. They retouched their make-up with a beauty charm before they met the boys in the Common Room.

They were still in what they changed into after class and Kiara envied them for it. She loved being a girl but sometimes it was just too much work.

"About time," Fred said to them as they headed toward one of the Common Rooms on the fourth floor. It was Friday night so curfew didn't start until eleven, which gave Nathan and Kiara a good two hours before patrol. The party should shut down by then. That way no one got in trouble.

Along the way, they met some other kids going to the party too. Among them was the Slytherin Quidditch team. Kiara met Graham's gaze and looked away but Graham found his way to her.

"You look amazing," he commented, eyeing her short dress.

Kiara looked at him, surprised they were speaking at all. She cleared her throat, "Thank you..."

"So you and Diggory," he started.

"Graham," Kiara said slowly.

"No. He is everything you ever wanted. Good. Isn't keeping you a secret," he replied, speaking more to himself than her.

"Graham..." Kiara repeated, her heart aching. Of course, she still cared for him, and she didn't want to hurt him by being with Cedric. She didn't want to rub it in his face, but with Cedric's very public gesture on the Quidditch field, a part of her felt for Graham.

Graham stopped walking and Kiara looked at her friends who hadn't noticed the two of them. They were farther ahead, creating a riot as they made their way to the party. She turned to Graham, who had his head down.

"It still hurts, Kiara," he whispered.

"I know," she whispered back, trying to reign in her emotions.