Chapter 16: Quidditch Surprise

As promised, Kiara wore Cedric's jersey and stuck out like a sore thumb among the reds of the Gryffindor benches. When the Hufflepuff team came out, nearly everyone jumped to their feet and cheered them on. Cedric's teammates flew up to rile the crowds even more, while he spoke to Madam Hooch.

Then Cedric flew up, with a megaphone in his hand. The Hufflepuff side couldn't get any louder. He laughed and waved before he flew over to the Gryffindor side.

"What's he doing?" Hermione asked, curious as Cedric positioned himself right in front of Kiara and her friends. He was smiling big before he spoke into the megaphone.

"Kiara Black," he said. The entire stadium fell silent as they looked at either Cedric or Kiara. Kiara looked back at Cedric with a curious look. He asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh my God," Ginny shrieked with excitement, as people started talking and whispering.

Kiara suddenly forgot how to speak, but luckily Cedric winked at her and said, "Come on, gorgeous, I need an answer...got a game to win."

Kiara was shocked. Not was there only all of Hogwarts there, but two other schools. He knew if he asked her now, she couldn't say no to him. But she was confused. He asked her to keep it quiet, but now he was the one announcing it in public. He was trying to show her he wasn't ashamed of being with her.

She gave him a big smile, "Of course, I'll be your girlfriend!"

The stadium, for the most part, erupted in cheers as Cedric's friends celebrated too. Kiara didn't look away from Cedric as he blew her a kiss before returning to the field to start the final Quidditch match of the season.

"Oh my God," Kiara blushed. She wasn't really used to public displays of affection and there he was, blowing her a kiss in front of three schools.

"Did you know he was going to do that?" Hermione asked her.

"No idea," Kiara replied as Morgan fanned her, teasingly.

"Not bad, Black, not bad," Morgan laughed just as Madam Hooch took the field and Cedric and Davies shook hands.

The match of the season was epic because it only lasted thirty minutes before Cedric caught the snitch and the game was over. Many students were disappointed, hoping for a longer chase, but others were happy to get back inside from the cold.

"I thought you guys said Chang was a good Seeker..." Kiara asked the boys, confused, as they headed in.

"She is, but I'm still glad we didn't beat Ravenclaw," Fred laughed, slapping hands with George.

"You're welcome," she told them, taking the credit for being the reason to why they betted Hufflepuff. She had on Cedric's jersey and while the Twins didn't particularly approve, Hufflepuff did win.

"Guys, come on. Maybe she was having an off day," Harry defended the Ravenclaw Seeker.

The Twins and Ron looked at Harry in disbelief before Ron told him, "We all know that's not an excuse."

Harry shrugged before something caught his eye. Kiara followed his gaze to see the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff teams coming out of the locker rooms. The Ravenclaw team had changed out of their uniforms but Hufflepuff remained in theirs to accept the Quidditch Cup at dinner. Kiara made eye contact with Cedric and he waved her over. She nudged Morgan and said, "I'll catch you guys later," before she left her friends to congratulate Cedric and the team. She ran over to Cedric, who caught her and spun her around.

"That was crazy!" she laughed as she threw her arms over his shoulders and he pressed his lips against hers, instantly sending waves of pleasure throughout her body. She kissed him back and he longed for more and neither of them remembered that they were in the middle of a crowded corridor, surrounded by his teammates and friends. The entire school knew Cedric asked her to be his girlfriend, so it shouldn't have been a surprise now. He was obviously okay with it, seeing that he initiated it.

He pulled away and Kiara said, "I think we have an audience."

Cedric pushed back her hair before nearly kissing her again, but instead he whispered, "Let them watch," then he cupped her face and kissed her again passionately. He put her back down on her feet but kept an arm around her waist.

His friends cheered them on and Kiara laughed, pulling away and looking at the rest of the Hufflepuff team, "Congratulations."

"Don't the rest of us get a kiss?" Rory joked.

Cedric laughed along but gave him a pointed look, "Watch it."

His friends chuckled while one of the Chasers, Heidi Macavoy, smiled at Kiara, "Thank you," Kiara always thought she was super pretty, with her long strawberry blond hair. She was a sixth year like the rest of them and they had a few classes together.

"Man, I don't know what happened to Chang, but I'm glad she wasn't at the top of her game today," Malcolm laughed, clasping Cedric's shoulder.

"I'm just mad that we spent all that time training and practicing, when we didn't even need it," Anthony rolled his eyes as the Ravenclaw team passed them by.

"You got lucky this year, Diggory. We'll crush you next year," Ravenclaw's captain, Davies, told him.

Cedric smirked, "Too bad you won't be here to witness it, Davies."

Davies shook his head as they continued down to the Great Hall. Kiara didn't miss Cho Chang staring at Cedric, before she saw his arm around Kiara. Cho frowned, looking heartbroken, before she turned away and followed her teammates. Kiara looked at Cedric and realized he didn't notice what had just occurred because he was too busy celebrating with his teammates.

"You're coming to the party tonight, right?" Malcolm asked her as Cedric let her go.

Kiara glanced at Cedric because that was the first she was hearing of a party. Cedric replied for her, "Of course she is," then he told her, "invite your friends too. Maybe then the Weasleys will get over their loss."

"I'll relay that message," Kiara chuckled, before Cedric pulled her aside and a little away from his teammates.

"I'll see you in the Great Hall?" Cedric asked her and Kiara nodded before leaving him and the team to freshen up before their celebratory dinner.