SIX

That gut feeling, you know? When something deep inside you just knows that it's right. It's like a whisper from your heart, guiding you towards what feels true and genuine. Trusting that gut feeling can lead you on incredible journeys and bring you closer to the love of your life and experiences that truly matter.

8 am , Winter Havan, Florida.

You were munching on your breakfast along with your mom and Avery. The doorbell chimed through the house announcing someone's arrival.

" I'll fetch it. " you said and got to the door. As soon as you opened the door, your eyes widened and the heart skipped a beat.

" Mr-r. Ki-m? " you stuttered in utter shock. Behind him was standing Jungkook with his face dug in a phonecall.

" You- here ? How come ? And how did you find my address I- " you bombarded him with questions.

" I know you have got a lot of questions there but, can we come in ? We're freezing to death apparently. " you quickly nodded inviting both of them inside. Jungkook stuffed his phone back in his pocket and settled on the couch while Taehyung stood there facing you.

" Ms. Faye, I'm really sorry for appearing like a sudden storm. I came to give you this. " he lifted a small box full of manuscripts on the table.

" I need you to read this before January. " he spoke. You grabbed the nearest manuscript from the top of the pile. It's at least 100 pages.

" I wanted to assign you this before you could leave Minessota but when I reached your apartment, you had already departed. So-- " before Taehyung could speak further Jungkook continued.

" So he asked me to drive him here. " he shrugged while Taehyung glared at him for cutting him off.

" You don't have to work hard on your novel. Please go through these manuscripts and choose the one which is how I want it. Understood? " You were too shook to process but nodded instead.

" Sure, sir. I would. "

" Good. Now , I shall take my leave. " He looked over at Jungkook and he got up.

" So early ? I mean you just came- " you spoke.

" We have a flight to catch at 11 pm, Faye. " Jungkook informed and you looked at him nodding. Your mum and Avery entered the living room gaping at Jungkook and Taehyung.

" Who's it, Honey ? " your mum inquired.

" Mom, this is Mr. Kim Taehyung, my boss , the editor in chief at Piquant press and that's Jungkook, his friend. " your mum nodded passing them a smile as Taehyung and Jungkook greeted her.

As Jungkook and Taehyung were about to make their departure something stopped them.

" You can't go at this moment. " your sister Avery spoke making them face her in amusement. She walked towards them and held her phone up making sure they saw the screen.

" Due to heavy snowfall and a blocked highway, there's no transportation at the moment. And there's a heavy land slide. Trains are suspended due to the winter storm and Winter Haven, being a small town, dont have alternative transportation options available like airways. " As soon as Avery spoke about this, jungkook's eyes widened in shock and Taehyung frowned in agitation.

" What the actual fuck ?! No wonder there was heavy snow while we were approaching here and now the highway is blocked ? How TF do we get Outta here ?" Jungkook cursed.

" Are you kidding me ? can't believe our luck! Winter Haven doesn't even have any flights or trains running. What are we supposed to do now?" Taehyung clenched his fist in anger.