SEVENTEEN

"Love, like the turning of the year, has the power to transform and illuminate, changing ordinary moments into extraordinary memories."

The rooftop of Taehyung's penthouse was transformed into a dazzling haven for the New Year's celebration. Strings of fairy lights adorned the perimeter, cast a warm and festive glow against the winter night.

Twinkling snowflake-shaped lanterns hung delicately. The centerpiece was a grandly decorated stage.  A backdrop of shimmering curtains in hues of silver and gold created an elegant setting.

The stage was adorned with bouquets of winter flowers, and large candles in frosty holders added a romantic allure

.The seating area was arranged with plush couches and chairs, draped in faux fur throws for a cozy feel. Tables were adorned with centerpieces of glittering ornaments, pinecones, and small evergreen branches, bringing the spirit of the season into every corner.

A majestic ice sculpture, intricately carved into the shape of 2024, stood as a centerpiece, glistening under the glow of the string lights. The rooftop was also equipped with heaters strategically placed to ensure the guests stayed warm despite the chilly winter air. The skyline view of the city added.

Laughter and chatter filled the air as guests mingled against the backdrop of the enchanting rooftop setup. Taehyung's family members were scattered throughout, sharing warm conversations with friends and other relatives. His parents, elegantly dressed, greeted guests with genuine smiles and welcomed them into the celebration.

His friends from the publishing world, colleagues, and close clients gathered. The mood was festive, and everyone seemed eager to bid farewell to the old year and usher in the new one with hope and joy.

Taehyung's close-knit family, including uncles, aunts, and cousins.  They exchanged laughter, recounting stories from the past.

Guests sipped on celebratory drinks, and wait staff circulated with trays of delectable appetizers, showcasing a blend of international and local flavors.

Taehyung wore a tee which was engulfed by a blazer with black slack suit.

You were embraced in a red bodycon. The dress featured a tailored silhouette, accentuating your figure in all the right places. The bodice was adorned with delicate lace.

As you both were to enter the rooftop. You clutched onto Taehyung's arm. His gaze turned back to witness you.

He could sense your visible anxiety.

" Taehyung, I think it's too early for me to meet your parents-" you were cut off.

" Shush. Don't worry, love. They are going to adore you just as much as I do. Trust me, tonight is about celebrating us, and they'll be thrilled to know you're a part of it. " He smiled gently caressing your knuckles.

You nodded before joining behind him.

Taehyung was engulfed into his mom's arms.

She seemed like a lady in her early 50s who had maintained herself to look like a lady in her 40s. Stood next to her , was her husband aka Taehyung's father who was dressed simple yet formal.

" Tae, my dear, you have truly outdone yourself with this party. I missed you so much, honey. " She spoke in a calmer tone, the joy and enthusiasm resonated within.

" Well, it's a special occasion, Mom. I wanted everyone to have a great time." He smiled before pulling away.

" "And who's this lovely lady with you?" Her gaze shifted to you out of curiosity.