SEVEN

"Love fell softly, like snowflakes in winter, covering our hearts in a blanket of warmth amidst the cold."

The morning sun peeked through the frosted windows as your mum were in the kitchen, preparing a hearty breakfast for the household. Meanwhile, Avery and Jungkook, dressed warmly, stepped outside into the crisp winter morning for a walk, their breath forming tiny clouds in the chill.

As they strolled along the snow-laden path, the tranquility of Winter Haven embraced them, the morning light casting a golden hue over the town. Avery's laughter rang out, a blend of joy and conversation intertwining as she and Jungkook shared stories and aspirations. The blanket of snow under their feet seemed to echo their steps, hinting at the fresh bond weaving itself between the two.

Back in the living room you seized the opportunity to approach Taehyung, your determined gaze meeting his as you presented your  proposal. "Mr. Kim , how about a deal?" You began, your tone confident yet amiable. "If you join me in every contest and celebration Winter Haven hosts, I'll commit to working with you during the nights. We'll cover the workload together."

Taehyung considered your offer, his brows furrowing in contemplation. The idea of partaking in the town's events wasn't his usual inclination, but your  determination and the chance to have your assistance during the night shifted his perspective.

"Fine, but only if the events don't interfere with our professional obligations," Taehyung finally agreed, knowing the compromise could be beneficial for both their work and their temporary stay in Winter Haven.

You nodded, a bright smile gracing your face. "Deal."

The sounds of the clinking of dishes filling the kitchen was audible as the aroma of a delicious morning meal wafted through the air, setting the tone for a day of both shared commitments and newfound arrangements.

" Good morning, Taehyung. Good morning honey." your mum greeted you both with a. Smile.

" Morning, Mrs. Kang" Taehyung's tone was formal.

" Morning mom. " You chimed side hugging her gently.

Your mum, a vibrant woman with a twinkle in her eye, sat you and Taehyung down, describing the annual Santa contest in Winter Haven with enthusiasm. She painted a picture of the town square adorned with festive decorations, the laughter echoing as families gathered, each person donning their Santa costumes, ready for a friendly competition.

As she excitedly shared the details, Taehyung, the diligent workaholic, couldn't help but find the idea a bit trivial, internally dismissing it as "crap." Despite his reservations, Taehyung had made a promise to Faye to fully engage in the Winter Haven celebrations.

Avery and Jungkook, returning from their morning walk, overheard the conversation. Jungkook's eyes widened with curiosity at the mention of the Santa contest, while Avery grinned, knowing the fun-loving side of such festivities.

Taehyung, torn between his dedication to work and his commitment to Faye, found himself silently contemplating how to balance his responsibilities while honoring his promise to embrace the joy of Winter Haven alongside Faye.

"Oh, you simply must join in the Santa contest! It's the heart of our Winter Haven celebrations. Everyone dresses up, the kids adore it, and the whole town comes alive with joy!"

Taehyung listened politely, but his mind was preoccupied with work. "Sounds interesting," he replied with a hint of skepticism, not fully grasping the significance.

You interjected, your eyes bright with anticipation. "It's so much fun, Mr. Kim  And remember, you promised to be a part of all the Winter Haven celebrations with me." Your gaze held a mixture of hope and playfulness. Your eyes held a mix of vulnerability and conviction, hoping to bridge the gap between his practicality and her belief in the magic of the season.