FOURTEEN

Everything turns prettier when love embraces you in your arms.

8 a.m.

" Now, will you tell me why you brought me here. " You questioned Taehyung who was in front of you.

It was early in the morning when Taehyung quietly asked you to sneak out with him while everyone was in deep slumber , post Christmas party.

Here you were, in sweetheart lake.

The lake was adorned by a thin layer of frost, mirrored the azure sky above, creating a breathtaking scene. It was a picturesque setting, almost as if the world conspired to amplify the beauty of the newly made connection.

But why did he bring you here ?

" This place holds a special charm, just like you do, Faye. A serene backdrop for a moment that's equally special." Taehyung confesses making you smile.

" Well. So you brought me here for trying out some cheesy lines ? " You teased making you both laugh at your own statement.

" I have something for you. " Taehyung pulls out a beautifully wrapped tiny box from his jacket thrushing it into your view.

You gazed at the box before meeting his gaze. He gestures you to unwrap it.

You carefully unwrapped the box,  revealing a delicate diamond pendant. Your eyes widened with surprise, and you held it up to the light, marveling at its beauty.

The pendant featured a unique design with an opening mechanism, revealing a subtle engraving that caught your breath.

' VF '

"Taehyung, it's stunning. What's this engraving?" You looked up at him.

Taehyung took the pendant gently from your hands, revealing the intricately engraved 'VF' inside a heart-shaped frame.

" VF stands for us, Faye. For you and me. It's a symbol of our connection, even when miles apart. This pendant is a reminder that no matter where life takes us, our love is timeless and unbreakable." He speaks holding up the pendant.

He then reached into his pocket, pulling out a matching ring with the same engraving, completing the set.

"See, I have one too. Now, we'll always carry a piece of each other wherever we go." He smiles grasping your hand tenderly.

You were touched by the sentiment behind the gift and embraced Taehyung, feeling the warmth of your shared love.

" Is this a Christmas gift " you chuckled between the hug.

" Consider this as a post Christmas gift. " Taehyung chortled fondling your back with warmth.

                                   °°°

" Well, I knew it anyways. " Taehyung smiled smuggly teasing Jungkook.

The biggest party popper had busted.

Avery and Jungkook revealed about their new relationship.

"I knew there was some spark between you two. " Your mum embraced Avery being genuinely happy.

" Congratulations. " you cheered them with the widest smile.

" "Ah, May-December dating, they call it. But Jungkook you have got to be on your best behavior. Avery here is the epitome of sophistication and maturity." Taehyung says earnestly.

" I will, always. " Jungkook answers confidently.

Avery and Jungkook were complete opposites.

Avery was older than Jungkook. Responsible, settled and calm.