SIXTEEN

"Holiday surprises are the unseen magic that turns ordinary moments into extraordinary memories, filling our hearts with the joy of unexpected joy and shared celebrations."

Your eyes lit up at Avery's suggestion.

" Imagine the joy on his face. It's perfect,  his birthday and New Year's together. Let's make it happen. " Avery cheered.

" It will be the biggest surprise for him. " You smiled to yourself.

" It's settled then. Operation Surprise Taehyung is a go. We'll make sure this surprise is etched in his memory forever. Now c'mon let's pack our bags. " Avery pats your back.

" But mom ? " You glanced at Avery.

" Of course, mom would accompany us. Don't worry about that. " Avery assured making you pull her into your embrace.

" You're the best sister. "

" I know. " She chuckled patting your back.

___________________

11:20 pm. | Minnesota.

Taehyung was seated at a sleek glass desk, surrounded by an array of papers and a laptop.  The city lights outside the tall windows twinkled, creating a breathtaking backdrop.

The air was filled with the low hum of the city below, as Taehyung focused intently on the task at hand.

Little did Taehyung know that the calm before the storm was setting the stage for a birthday celebration he would never forget.

Taehyung was interrupted from his work when the cell phone made a ring. He glanced at it.

' Faye ♡'

He grabbed his phone receiving the call without giving a second thought.

" Faye, Where have you been? I have been texting you, and you haven't replied. " He barged before you could speak.

" Sorry, I have been a bit busy. You know how it is. " You clutched onto your phone while the other hand held a bag.

" Busy? Is there some other programs today in winter havan ?" He questioned while continuing to glance at his laptop.

" Well, kind of. You can say that. "

" Damn. I guess I'm missing all that now. And especially you." He speaks leaning back on his chair.

" Well. I don't miss you. " You spoke holding back your laugh.

" What? Not even a little? "

" Well, maybe just a tiny bit. " You teased.

" Ouch, Faye. That hurts. I thought I was irreplaceable. " He mocks pretending to be hurt.

" Oh, you are, Taehyung. But a girl's gotta have some fun, right? " You laughed.

" Well then, enjoy your time without me. I'll be here working hard. We'll meet soon. " He smiles reassuring.

" Oh, I intend to. But who knows? You might get a surprise sooner than you think. " You spoke over the phone.

You approached Taehyung's penthouse, greeted by the luxurious surroundings of the building.

As you neared the entrance, you noticed the guards stationed at the door, recognizing them from your previous visits.

With a confident smile, you gave a subtle nod, indicating that you were expected.
The guards, familiar with you as a close colleague of Taehyung, immediately understood your silent request.