THIRTEEN

" In the alchemy of affections, an incipient amour transmutes the mundane into the sublime, entwining our souls in a nexus of sublime resonance and boundless potential. "

Christmas.

" Merry Christmas, my dear ones. May this day be filled with love, laughter, and the warmth of shared moments. " your mum pulled you and Avery into a warm hug.

" Merry Christmas mom "  you and Avery greeted her back in unison.

" Merry Christmas, Ma'am. " Your voice shifted to the voice you have been dying to hear. You turned your head towards the staircase as Taehyung and Jungkook approached nearer.

" Merry Christmas, dears . " Your mum smiled greeted them.

" You all will love the Christmas feast today. " Your mum smiled heading inside the kitchen.

You saw Jungkook and Avery pulling themselves into a warm greeting hug.

You gazed towards Taehyung just to witness his eyes already lingering on you.

" I'm all excited for the Christmas evening. " Avery grinned.

" It must be amazing. " Jungkook contemplates.

" You never know if the mistletoe  might pop up today." Taehyung speaks making everyone's head turn to him.

Avery and Jungkook shared knowing glances, a silent acknowledgment of the chemistry blossoming between you and Taehyung.

You were caught off guard by Taehyung's teasing, blushed with a mixture of surprise and amusement.

" Well. " Jungkook clears his throat.

" I think we should head for the breakfast? I don't want to miss the feast of delicious savories. " Jungkook said heading towards the dining area followed by Avery chuckling.

Before you can follow them , you were pulled by your wrist. And the next moment you realised colliding against Taehyung's chest.

Your eyes widened at his actions. While his gaze was calm , the usual with zero fears of if anyone catches you both.

" Mr. Kim-- " you were cut off.

" Taehyung. It's Taehyung. " He spoke.

You scoffed. " Taehyung, this is not the place. "

" Embracing someone has to be done in a specific place? " He raised his brows.

" Taehyung! " You whined.

" Are you trying to escape my embrace? " His grip was gentle was on your waist.

" Taehyung, someone might see us. Let me go. " You frowned.

" I wouldn't mind being caught stealing a kiss from you. It's the season of surprises, after all."  He winked leaning in.

Your cheeks flushed being aware of your close proximity.  Your eyes met with Taehyung's teasing resistance.

" You're incorrigible, Taehyung. What if my mom walks in? " You squinted your eyes.

" Let her. She approves of me ,you know.  " He spoke with confidence.

" We should be more discreet. What if your best friend walks in?" You asked which made him pause for a while.

" Jungkook? Oh, he's busy with Avery. They won't notice. Let's make our own little Christmas magic." 

" You just want an excuse to steal a kiss, don't you?"  You were caught between laughter and the warmth of his embrace.

" Guilty as charged. But who could resist when the snow outside is whispering secrets, and you're here, blushing under me. " He leaned more closer making you chuckle.