部分10

"HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!" She stared at Itadori's lifeless naked body

"HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!" She stared at Itadori's lifeless naked body. The once gaping hole where his heart used to be, was charred. She could feel the panic emitting from Ichiji, as he watched Gojo slumped on the chair.

"Sukuna clearly had no sympathy, he even beat up Megumi" Shoko snapped her gloves on her hand. Gojo clutched himself in distaste and anger, how could he let this happen.

He had failed to save his comrade...

once again.

"Megumi" She whispered under her breath, averting her gaze downwards to avoid looking at her friend's naked figure. Hopefully he had listened to her and learned how to enhance his RCT.

Was Itadori actually dead? No, of course not.

She could feel Sukuna's spirit roaming around in this very room. His presence is still contained by his vessel.

She knew he would wake up soon, Sukuna wasn't done with him yet.

"Huh?" a muffled noise was heard as Itadori's body flung upwards, examining his surroundings. His eyes made contact with hers and for a moment, [Name] could see Sukuna go dormant.

"This is crazy" She broke into a fit of giggles, covering her face with her hand. Her back collapsed against the wall and her body finally felt relaxed.

It was a relief to see him back again.

"Yeah" Itadori's head shook as his eyes crinkled when he smiled. Her sounds were so pleasing to the ear that he wished he could hear them everyday.

"Time to scare the elders again" Gojo gave him a high-five, celebratory grins on everyone while Shoko tried to cover Itadori.

Shoko then signaled the two men to follow her; dispersing together.

[Name] took this opportunity to sit near the foot of Itadori's bed. She swung her legs as she clutched the bedsheets. She wanted to ask him how he's feeling, but that would be a dumb question. He barely escaped the brink of death caused by none other than the king of curses.

"I'm fine you know, just a bit out of it" Itadori turned his head towards her as he smacked one side of his head with his hand. Sukuna watched through his eyes as he stared right into her brilliant yellow ones. She held herself the same way as Ichiko did.

Someone once told him to learn how to love but Sukuna? He never cared much to even think about it.

But right here, in this exact moment, just a tiny bit of him wanted to learn how to love her. Despite being a small thought, it remained in his memories, like an engraving to stone.

"Sensei probably doesn't want you to appear in front of the others. The elders are pretty tough with rules but don't worry" she displayed the biggest smile she could, "he's the strongest" she reassured him.

"I believe in him too, though he can be an asshole" he grabbed her hands into his own, enclosing them. He gave her a determined look when he realized the state he was in right now. His cheeks felt heated as his mind went to forbidden thoughts; Sukuna had to practically drown himself in other things to avoid getting involved.

"Ah right, I should give you some space" [Name] hopped off and scurried towards the door, giving him a small wave as she went.

"Down boy" he scolded himself as he fell back into the comfort of the bed, recalling the events of today.

🌀

"Why the long face Gumi?" [Name]'s feet slid across the stairs as she landed right next to the black-haired male. He sat there, staring at his summoning hand signs. He was so immersed in thought that she wondered if he knew she was here.

"Nothing much, just you know, how I failed a mission." he held back his words about his lost comrade. [Name] pursed her lips to stop her revealing any information. Gojo was really being awful with this surprise, how would it feel like if his dead friend came back alive to surprise him.

Oh wait...

She stared at Panda flinging Nobara off into the air, while Toge laughed.

"I think I've got it" he smiled, making [Name] very confused on what his inner monologue was. At least, he was cheered up now, she rested her face onto her palms. It made her happy to see him happy.

"We haven't got much time till the competition, wanna practice, [Name]?" Maki flung her weapon to the side, looking directly at her. [Name] slumped her chest in exhaustion, today was just too much for her brain to handle.

"I'll pass, but have fun, all of you..." She yawned, her head falling on Megumi's shoulder, who tensed when he felt the extra pressure. He shifted a bit to allow her a more comfortable position, while nodding at Maki, taking responsibility for her.

Everyone had taken up partners and engaged in furious battles. Grunts and pants along with [Name]'s eventual snores were the only noises that raged the air.

Megumi scooped her up, resting his hand underneath her knee and the back of her head. Shuffling slightly, he carefully stepped towards the dorm rooms. He laid her body on the bed, his hands already missing the feel of her.

Megumi could feel his heart racing, just the close proximity of their bodies was sending his mind to havoc. But he's grown now, these things shouldn't affect him.

Oh god, he's in love with her isn't he?

He knew that this wasn't because of her technique,

He had fallen for her when they first met.

It was frustrating how much she influenced his actions. She didn't like carrots, so he would eat her share of it. She would fold her clothes and place them in order of color, so he would too, despite having limited colored options.

He loved her, no, he was deeply in love with her. He didn't know if the technique made him fall harder, but he cared zero for it.

As soon as he laid her blanket on top of her figure, he raced out of the room. He didn't want to do the same thing he did back then.

Oh but how he loved her.

If only, if only he had the courage to tell her.