Chapter 2

Where am I?

Salty blue liquid and specks of light filled his vision. Nothing was within reach and only the sound of his thoughts was heard, along with a few bubbles.

Am I dreaming?

He tried to move his arms but to no avail. It seemed like his entire body refused to listen to him as he continued to be dragged down by an unseen force. Remarkably, what he felt was quite the contrary: he was floating and elated.

What is this?

The feeling of elation was soon replaced by panic as water washed down his throat. His arms that weren't moving a while ago gained mobility. He thrashed around and struggled to surface for air but his efforts were in vain.

Am I drowning?

The more he tried to swim going up, the farther the surface went. He could feel himself getting weaker by the second. Slowly, he felt himself giving up as his eyes grew weary. He was close to the surface yet at the moment he could've risen, his body gave up and his eyes shut. Then,...

Am I dying?

Everything went black.

~

The sun hit Reiji's face like a light in a dark tunnel – blinding yet at the same time, a relief. The brown-haired male rubbed his eyes and yawned. He stretched his arms up while he cocked his head from side to side before he opened his grey orbs.

He was greeted by another pair of eyes which seemed to be staring deeply into his soul all while being too close for comfort.

Reiji let out a manly shriek.

"Geez man, no need to kill my ears."

It took a moment for Reiji to recognize the voice. "K-Kei?"

The man crouching infront of him sighed. "You sound like you haven't seen me since forever. I only left for 30 minutes. You okay?"

Reiji was lost for words. Why did Kei visit him out of the blue? He knew too well that the other had been hostile to him after Aine's failed suicide attempt. In fact his other friend, Hibiki, was also ill towards him. Those two blamed him for what happened to Aine and Reiji swore that they would rather eat dirt than communicate with him.

This was new.

"You going to stay there? You're going to get grass all over your uniform."

True enough, Reiji was wearing his uniform back when he was A STUDENT. Furthermore, he inspected his surroundings and realized he was at the maze garden of Saotome Gakuen for who-knows-what reason. Last he checked, he was told by Camus to go to sleep and he was heading to his room. Was he too drunk that his feet led him here? The bewildered brunet abruptly stood up causing Kei to look at him with concern.

"Are you okay? You're acting strange, well, stranger." Kei pointed out. "You wanna head back to the dorm? I'll accompany you."

Shocked and confused by the events, the clown sempai nodded. They headed back to the dorms with Kei talking whatever came to mind, mostly about composing, but only to fall into deaf ears as his voice was drowned by Reiji's ocean of thoughts.

'What is going on? Why is Kei here? I never thought I'd ever see him. Why am I in my school uniform? It's not Halloween. I wouldn't wear this for Halloween!'

"Oi Reiji!"

Said male snapped back to reality. "H-Huh?"

"What's with you zoning out? I was asking you where your dorm keys are." Kei began.

"My dorm keys? Uh..."

Kei sighed. "If you're sick we – "

"I'm fine! I-I am fine!" Reiji retorted.

"Hmm...I'm not really convinced. Ah, you know what? I'll just call him."

Kei took out his phone and dialled a number. Reiji quirked an eye brow on who the other was talking to, but didn't question for he assumed the person on the other line to be either one of his kouhais which led to more questions. The brunet was still stunned by the situation he was currently in. For starters, why was he in his uniform and how did his friend managed to get his Otoyan's or Toki's number?

"Good. I'll bring him over. Ja." With that, Kei ended the call. "C'mon, let's get going. You're lucky your roommate's at the dorm right now. Geez, you seriously forgot where you placed your keys?" The teen added in disbelief.

Their trip to the room was silent. Kei would occasionally glance at his companion who was obviously in a world of his own. Reiji was unsure why, but he was led into his old room back when he wasn't a sempai.

"We're here." Kei knocked on the door. "Get some rest, okay?"

Reiji nodded. He was yet to figure out what was happening and for sure he needed lots of rest.

Perhaps this was just a dream. He discreetly pinched himself; it wasn't.

The door was opened by an all too familiar face. "Thanks for bringing him over, Kei. I got worried when you said he was zoning out. So unlike him..."

Reiji frozed. All that surrounded him seemed to have disappeared: the sounds, the hallways, the rooms, Kei...everything!

All except for one.

Standing infront of him was a brilliant idol who tried to kill himself years ago but failed.

An idol supposedly in a coma and Reiji's bestfriend...

Aine Kisaragi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUM DUM DUM! Hahahaha! Hello dear readers! Have you enjoyed this chapter so far? Reiji is a student again and ohoho...Aine is here - and not in a frickin coma! What the hell is happening!? O_o

I'll shut up now. Lol. Anyway, I haven't played the game (me is sad boohoo) and even if I could, I wouldn't understand a single thing T^T Aine's, Kei's, and Hibiki's personality will be based on the game reviews I've read and how I perceived them to be so excuse them if they're OOC or something ._. Geez, I was really hoping Aine will be brought up in the anime but nope! *pouts*

I hope you guys like this so far. Leave a love letter (comment) mkay~? Until the next chapter :)