Chapter 14

"It's nice here."

Two idols were found sitting on the sandy shore where the sparkling blue waves tickled their toes. Birds flew across the horizon where the sun was slowly setting thus painting parts of the water red and gold. Soon, the stars would appear on the heavens above and the moon would take its place at night.

"Don't you think it's tragic though?"

Reiji turned to his companion. "What made you say so?"

"As beautiful as things are, it's kind of tragic that you have to say goodbye to day and night. You have to wait hours until night comes and in the process of doing so, you get to enjoy the day...yet you know it'll disappear soon. Same goes for the night. It's like you have to lose one in order to have the other and the cycle goes on. Plus, what if you won't get to see the sun or the moon the next time?"

"You're overthinking things, Aine."

"Life is uncertain." Said the cyanette. "What if one day, I'll wake up with no memory of you?"

"I'll treat you the same until I'm your bestfriend again!" Reiji exclaimed cheerfully. "I'll stay by your side no matter what!"

Aine smiled genuinely at the other idol. "Thank you, Reiji. Take care of Ai for me, will you? Let him live his life to the fullest."

He then stood up and proceeded to walk towards the sea.

"W-Wait! Where are you going? And how do you know Ai-Ai?" The startled sempai asked.

"I just know." Aine replied as the gentle breeze tickled his face. "Perhaps someday, our paths will cross again, but for now, it's goodbye."

Reiji hastily got up. "What do you mean by that? Aine, what are you trying to say??"

"It's nice to see you again, Reiji. I'm glad to have spent this time with you, even for just a little while." The cyan-haired idol exclaimed. "Do me a favour and wake up, okay? A lot of people are waiting for you."

Reiji started to run after his friend but Aine seemed unreachable. "Aine, wait!"

Aine stopped and turned to face Reiji. He gave the brunet one last smile.

Until we meet again.

~

Grey eyes fluttered open to the rays of the sun which passed through the glass window. The first thing Reiji noticed was a mask attached to his face and other contraptions to note his vital signs. The second thing he noticed was that he wasn't in his own room and there was a vase full of lilacs, and third,

"You're finally awake."

Reiji spun to where the source of the sound and saw his fellow Quartet Night, Camus, having a cup of tea and biscuits.

"M-Myu-chan? What happened? Where am I?" The confused brunet asked.

Just then, the door opened and in came the silver-haired rocker of the group. Upon closer inspection, Ranmaru's eyes widened with surprise and a small smile was visible until his usual frown took over.

"About time you got up." The rocker began.

"Didn't anyone tell you to knock?" Camus remarked but was ignored.

"Ran-Ran! You're here!" Reiji exclaimed then paused, "Where is here?"

"You're in the hospital, baka." Ranmaru replied.

"Nani!?? H-Hospital!? Why???"

"You were in a coma for a month." The Count answered.

"I – coma!?" The brunet shrieked. "How did that happen!?"