Chapter 3

"A-Aine!?"

The feeling of awe, sadness, relief, and just a hint of fear seemed to have mixed together causing Reiji to pale and for his temperature to drop down by a degree. Aine was believed to be in a death-like slumber, and certainly not talking and moving about. Furthermore, he was in Saotome Gakuen and judging by the uniform he wore, was still an S-class student along with Kei.

This was bullshit, Reiji thought. The 3 of them debuted years ago and were definitely idols though Aine tried to take his life. There was absolutely no way the brunet was thrown back to the past.

But not that he never wished.

The cyan-haired boy turned to his friend. "Reiji! Kei wasn't kidding when he said you were acting strange. You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Perhaps he did. Reiji was ready to stumble down as he stared at the other with wide grey eyes, all sense of rationality slowly slipping away from him.

"You're...you're..."

In a matter of seconds, Reiji's mind went blank and he fell down on the floor with a panicked Aine calling out his name as the brunet's last memory.

This is what you wanted, right?

~

Reiji woke up and found himself lying comfortably on a bed. He had the weirdest dream: Aine wasn't in a coma. In fact, his bestfriend was well and breathing. Furthermore, the sempai found himself back in the past with Kei talking to him casually without any real insult.

Perhaps he overworked himself, like his perfectionist kouhai.

He sat up and the first thing he noticed was a head of cyan hair poking out of the chair facing away from him.

The brunet grinned. "Ai-Ai! What are you doing here?"

"What's with the weird nickname, Reiji? Geez, you really must be sick."

Reiji turned to the source and felt his mind gradually go blank again. He was expecting for his silver-haired bandmate, Ranmaru, to be the one walking out of the bathroom but was proven wrong when a different face came out, a face belonging to Kei.

"That's nothing new. Reiji likes to give nicknames."

The cyan-haired teen stood up and revealed himself to be Aine. Reiji's vision began to blur and he felt himself getting dizzy. The poor sempai slowly laid back down, a muddled expression evident on his face.

This dream seems too real.

"What did you do to him, Aine? He looks like a terrified dog everytime he sees you!" Kei stated.

"How should I know!? A-And he looks like that when he sees you too!" Aine exclaimed to his defence.

The two argued for a while - which Reiji would have found hilarious if he weren't in this situation - until Kei had to leave.

"Whatever. I still have stuff to attend to. Ugh, good luck with him. You're gonna need it." Kei said before exiting the room, leaving Reiji alone with Aine. The duo stared at each other for a while before Aine made his way and sat on the bed beside his friend.

"You okay? You're acting funny." Aine said, his voice laced with concern. "What's wrong? You can tell me."

Exactly what should Reiji tell him - that he was supposed to be in a coma? That he tried to kill himself by means of drowning? That Reiji was unable to save him?

The brunet rolled over to avoid his bestfriend's gaze. Reiji could not simply answer what was wrong because apparently, the circumstances itself were unfathomable. He wanted to pretend none of this was happening and to sleep in hopes of waking up. Aine, however, was persistent.

"Reiji come on! I'm your bestfriend! I'm here to help you so please tell me what's the matter."

Should he or should he not? Scratch that - the better question should be how the sempai would respond. Certainly, he could not be direct and tell the other he was sent from the future by some force due to unknown reasons - it would only worry Aine more. The look on the cyanette, however, compelled him to do something.

He is my bestfriend...

It was silent for a few seconds. Reiji hesitantly faced the other, forcing his grey orbs to look into cyan ones.

Cyan eyes that belonged not to Ai but to Aine, his bestfriend.

Someone he could confide anything to and someone who believed in him.

The person he missed the most.

Reiji opened his mouth and waited for the words to come out.

"I had a bad dream."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 finally out! Chapter 4 will be posted later. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Hopefully sometime today xD Hello dear readers! How are you so far? Teehee...thanks to those who commented/voted/followed :) I'll be watching the next episode of UtaPri Revolutions so see ya in the next chap~!

Question: if you were given the chance to go back to the past, will you take it?