Chapter 12

It had been a long day for Camus, well, not that it was any different from the past few days. After work, he would either visit the hospital or buy sweets and pastries from a café he liked granted that the royal had ample time. Today was one of the days where he did both since his job finished early and as of the moment, Camus was found walking along the hallway of the Master Course dormitory. He expected to have his alone time since Cecil was still at work. Pie, tea, and a good novel sounded like a splendid idea although sinking his teeth into the slice of apple pie he bought had to wait since he still had to prepare his beverage. It was usually Cecil's job but the black-haired teen wasn't present right now.

Upon reaching his shared room with his kouhai, Camus wasted no time preparing the table. He contemplated on making tea from scratch but he was tired and ended up using the premade one. Once everything was set, the blond royal sat and read a book of his liking. He was about to take a bite out of the much awaited apple pie when someone knocked on the door. Camus groaned. Who could that possible be to ruin his moment? As far as he knew, everyone had jobs to attend to this evening but it seemed like not everyone was busy. With a huff, Camus told the person on the other side to enter and the blond was fairly surprised once he knew who it was.

"What do you need, Kurusu?" The tall male inquired. "This better be important."

"It is." Syo said in a serious manner.

Camus motioned the other to join him. Seconds of silence passed before Camus spoke.

"What brings you here?" The Count said and took a sip of his tea. He found it very unlikely for the other to engage in a conversation with him. "Well?"

"I have something to ask you." The shorter of the two began.

"Ask away."

"Who's Aine?"

That was unexpected. Of all questions, Camus did not see this one coming. Could the younger boy possibly mean the very person Camus was thinking?

The Count wanted to confirm. "Aine....Kisaragi?"

Syo nodded and instead of an answer, the violinist received a question.

"How did you know that name?" The icy Count asked.

"This morning, I was helping Otoya clean their room since Tokiya and Reiji-sempai weren't around. I was fixing Reiji-sempai's things when I stumbled across a photo album under the sofa. I picked it up and a photo fell. It was someone named Aine Kisaragi." Syo explained.

Camus raised a brow. "And what business do you have with him?"

"What is Ai's relation to that guy? Why does he look like him?" Syo continued.

"That is not your concern."

"Yes it is!" The violinist exclaimed. "I know who Ai really is! I don't know if the rest of you knew, but – "

"Mikaze is an android." Camus intervened. "Among Quartet Night, I am the only one who knows what Mikaze truly is, and Mikaze himself of course. How about Starish?"

"Just me, Natsuki, and Nanami." Syo replied.

"Good. It should stay that way." The Count began and sipped his tea. Such information should be kept quiet. God forbid that it would reach the unsuspecting others especially Reiji.

"Camus-sempai, you haven't answered my question yet." The shorter of the two commented.

"Aine Kisaragi...he used to be a brilliant idol. If anything, he was one of the best. And also, he is Kotobuki's bestfriend."