Chapter 4

The ticking of the clock sounded more prominent in each passing second as two figures continued to stare at each other in silence. The taller one had cyan eyes full of curiosity and concern as he waited for his companion's response. The brunet, on the other hand, has eyes full of reluctance.

What was he supposed to say?

"I had a bad dream." Reiji began.

"Really? What was it about?" Aine asked and leaned closer.

Reiji bit his lip. No point sugar-coating it. "You tried to kill yourself."

At the end of his sentence, the clown-sempai felt tension befell them. He sensed the immediate change in his bestfriend's aura: from a concerned demeanour to a bitter one.

"Aine?"

"What did I do?" the aforementioned teen asked darkly.

"You tried to drown yourself." Reiji replied.

The brooding look on the cyanette's face only intensified. "I did, huh?"

"Y-You failed to, though." Reiji quivered. "You ended up in a coma instead."

"...Did anyone miss me? Did anyone care?" Aine said with bitterness manifested in his voice.

Reiji never heard himself stutter so much until now.

"O-Of course! A lot of people were sad! Your uncle, Kei, Hibiki...everyone!" Reiji replied and whispered the last part although audible enough for Aine to hear. "Especially me...I was very sad."

Aine looked at his bestfriend who looked and sounded very miserable, his cyan eyes once dimmed with resentment softened at the very sight before him.

"You were?" The cyanette asked in a hushed voice.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Reiji exclaimed, completely losing his cool. "I just lost my bestfriend! E-Every day I would visit you and bring you flowers and talk to you even though you could never respond in hopes that someday you'd wake up. When that day comes, I get to see your smile again and we'd hang out like there was no tomorrow and...and..."

Aine abruptly pulled Reiji into a tight embrace, causing the brunet to stop his rants and to sob uncontrollably on his bestfriend's shoulder. He always thought that he was the one to pull the cyanette into a hug and to be the crying shoulder, but it turned out to be quite the opposite.

Reiji believed he had to save Aine, but it turned out that the brunet was the one who needed to be saved.

We're both each other's saviors.

"I'm sorry." Aine said after a few moments of hushed silence, saved for the sound of sobbing emitted by the other. "I'm sorry."

"No...I'm sorry." Reiji sniffled. "I wasn't there when you needed me the most. I could've saved you, but I didn't. I – "

Aine stopped Reiji. "Don't be like that, Reiji. It's just a bad dream. I know you could, and you certainly would, save me."

Could this be the chance he had always been wishing for? To save his bestfriend from his fate?

If this was the chance, would he be successful?

This time...I won't let you go. I'll be here for you.

I'll definitely save you.

The idol sempai only hugged him again. He was there – Aine. He was alive and breathing.

He was there.

"Promise me you wouldn't do such a thing." Reiji murmured to which Aine smiled the slightest.

"I promise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey hey! Here's chapter 4 :D I'm done watching the latest episode of UtaPri and damn! The effin' tension between Starish and QN! My heart cannot - *explodes* Saotome's just...ugh, I can't even explain what I felt. If Otoya's gonna grow up to be like Saotome, then I am VERY concerned x(( I honestly thought QN would sing+dance to The Dice Are Cast, but nope! ._. oh well it was still pretty good :D Definitely looking forward to the next ep (Wait, is it the last? NUUUU!)

Thanks for reading this everyone ^^ I apologize if the chapters 3 and 4 are too short for your taste :( I will make it up to you guys with the next chapters :) Schoolwork really took up my time so please be patient with my slow updates T^T See ya~!