Chapter 9

Reiji continued to aimlessly roam the dense forest. It was getting dark and he did not want to worry Aine and the professor – although he already did that – so the brunet decided to head back. However, the clown sempai seemed to be caught in a dilemma. Reiji swore he was walking in circles because he kept passing a certain tree several times now.

"Damn it." The brunet cursed under his breath. "I think I'm lost."

Indeed he was lost – horribly lost. The clown sempai sat down and sighed. He was getting all sorts of tired. From running to walking around and to heavily reflecting what he had done; it rendered the brunet exhausted.

"Maybe I should just camp out here." Reiji said to himself after checking his phone and finding no service.

The tired idol looked around and immediately became awake when he saw a tuff of cyan hair from a distance.

"Aine?" Reiji got up and approached the figure and just as he did, the other moved away. 'Nani?'

Reiji quickened his pace and only for the cyan haired teen to go farther away from him. The sempai ran and so did the other. Soon enough, it became a chase where Reiji desperately pursued his friend. Try as he might, though, Reiji couldn't reach the cyanette.

It was like the more he went after him, the farther Aine would move away.

"What....the....hell?" The clown sempai panted and stopped his pursue so he could catch his breath. "Huh? I lost him?"

The brunet frantically viewed his surroundings and concluded that he lost track of the other. Reiji let out an exasperated groan before lying on the ground. He flinched when he felt a drop of water hit his face. Ultimately, he saw the darkening sky and knew he was in trouble.

"Fuck." Reiji cursed before the outpour of the rain. The idol contemplated whether to get up or to just stay where he was. He chose the former. He slowly got up and saw cyan.

Suddenly, his feet went running and once again, Reiji found himself chasing after the person he believed to be Aine. The brunet couldn't understand what the deal was with this friend – did Aine want him to follow or not?

"Wait up!" Reiji huffed but the cyanette didn't stop. "Aine!"

Finally, the other halted until Reiji got a better view of the person he was chasing. Cyan hair, cyan eyes...but definitely not Aine.

'Ai?' "Ai-Ai? What're you doing here?"

Ai gave no response and walked deeper into the forest. The brunet followed suit and went after his bandmate before he disappeared again.

'Why on earth is Ai-Ai here? Did the professor activate him to track me?' The eldest of Quartet Night thought. 'Maybe he's leading me to them.'

Reiji went further and heard a faint sound. He got closer until he heard the sound of water. It wasn't the pit-pattering of the rain, no – it was much larger. It sounded like big waves crashing against a hill of some sort.

'The ocean...?'

Reiji was led out of the forest and to a cliff. The person he was following, Ai, finally stopped at the edge and looked at the chaotic body of water.

No...it can't be!

"Ai-Ai! Get away from there!" Reiji cried out.

Ai turned around to face the brunet. His eyes were dull and near lifeless. The cyan haired teen smiled gingerly and took a step back.

No...don't do it!

The older idol dashed forward in an attempt to grab his bandmate, but only to have his attempt in vain as Ai's hand slipped right through Reiji's fingers. Horrified grey eyes locked with falling cyan ones, everything seemed to have slowed down and despite the rain and the waves, Reiji perfectly heard what Ai said before disappearing into the ocean.

"You couldn't save my life."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUM DUM DUM!

Ohoho~ the suspense of what will happen next ;) Is it really too late for Reiji to save our beloved Ai-Ai? And what exactly is going on? Find out in the next chapter!

Hello my dear readers! Thanks so much for reading and for your continuous support! Please look forward to the next chapter (you're almost there - this fanfic will end soon!) :3 

See ya!