Chapter 5

The next few days had been going great for Reiji. His situation was a far cry from being normal considering the fact he was thrown back to the past yet somehow everything felt right.

"Oi, Reiji! Are you done yet or do we have to leave you behind?" Kei exclaimed while knocking on the bathroom door. It was a Saturday and they had nothing to do except go to the Kotobuki Bento for lunch. Reiji's treat of course.

"Mou~ so mean, Kei-kun!" Reiji whined childishly before he finally stepped out of the bathroom.

"I'm starving! I'm sure Aine couldn't wait either!" Kei barked, earning him a laugh from Reiji.

'He's kinda like Ran-Ran!' the brunet thought.

"That's enough, you kids." Aine gently scolded. "Let's get going."

Reiji beamed at him. "Mengo~ I can't wait to spend the day with you guys!"

"Yeah, yeah. You said that like 5 times already." Kei pointed out with a slight smile. "Now let's go!"

The trip to the bento shop was filled with chatter and laughter mostly because of Reiji. The brunet had a lot of catching up to do and he used this peculiar opportunity to do so.

"This is fun!" Reiji said with a grin. "Shame Hibiki couldn't go."

"Yeah, he said he had to do errands for his mom or something." Kei added with a shrug.

Reiji laughed. "What a momma's boy!"

"Aren't you close to your mom as well, Reiji?" Aine remarked, causing the idol to blush in embarrassment.

"Y-Yeah but I'm nothing of that sort!" Reiji cried out to his defence.

"Oh really? If I remembered correctly, you were out shopping for cooking ingredients with her the other day. You willingly missed class just to help her pick the better kind of carrots..."

"Aine!"

The cyanette laughed along with Kei at the prankster's expense. Somehow, this was just fine for Reiji. These were the moments he missed and he was glad to relive them with his bestfriend by his side.

It was what he wanted.

The trio finally arrived at their destination, the Kotobuki Bento, and immediately were seated. Reiji chose for his friends since he knew the menu well particularly the specialties, although his friends insisted they chose for themselves since they believed every food item sold was going to taste great anyway. While waiting, the trio mused about their upcoming audition.

"So Kei, have you composed a song for Aine yet?" Reiji asked.

Kei nodded. "I'm working on it. Just need to rearrange some notes. How's your song coming?"

"It's done....but I haven't practiced yet." Reiji replied sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

"Baka! The audition's next week!" Kei pointed out.

"You shouldn't waste time, Reiji." Aine stated.

The brown-haired sempai smiled apologetically at him. He knew his Aine to be a hard-working person, one quality of his bestfriend that Reiji admired.

"Hai, hai. I'll work hard from now on." The brunet chirped.

Just as he finished his sentence, the waiter came to serve their meals. Reiji couldn't help but be reminded of Camus once he saw the waiter. He was a tall lean male with icy blue eyes and long blonde hair tied in a low ponytail, and like the Count, had a captivating foreign charm.

"You new here?" Reiji asked.

If it weren't for the upbeat tone, he could be easily mistaken as Camus but then again, the noble was two-faced.

"Yes! I started working just a week ago." The waiter replied before telling them to enjoy their meal and tending to another customer.

"He's not from around here, isn't he?" Aine began.

"Nope!"

"Your mom doesn't have a fetish for foreign dudes, right?" Kei joked.

Reiji blushed and sighed. "Let's just eat, you meanies!"

~

Hours passed and before they knew it, the sun was already setting. Reiji, Aine, and Kei were currently found walking back to Saotome Gakuen with Reiji attempting to crack jokes.

"Reiji please....spare us! Your jokes are so corny!" Kei exclaimed.

"So corny it 'popped' a vein? Hahaha!" The clown sempai laughed.

"If I die right here and now, you'll be the one to blame!" Kei cried out. "Geez Aine, how do you put up with this guy?"

Aine smiled coyly. "Lots of patience, Kei. Lots and lots of patience..."

"Mou~ isn't it because I'm your bestfriend?" Reiji began as he swung an arm around the cyanette's shoulder. "Ne, Aine?"

"He'll leave you the moment he has the chance." Kei muttered though Reiji was able to hear it.

"Non,non...bestfriends stick by each other's side no matter what!" The loud brunet proclaimed.

"Really? Wow...then the best of luck to you, Aine. You're gonna need it to survive this moron." Kei teased.

The cyan-haired male played along. "I appreciate that, Kei. I really do. May I live until the audition."

'Even here,, I'm being bullied.' Reiji thought helplessly and pouted. "Mou...you guys are mean to Rei-chan!"

"It's for your own good, Reiji." Aine joked.

"And for the good of our sanity." Kei added.

The childish brunet puffed his cheeks. "When I debut, you guys will no longer make fun of me!"

"Pfft. Have you even practiced yet? You better work hard unless you want us to visit you in A-class." Kei stated. "You should keep up with Aine over here!"

Reiji and Aine looked at each other and smirked. Friendship aside, both males also saw each other as worthy rivals and neither dared to fall behind the other. Aine was often praised by his colleagues and would work himself to the limit in order to put out a grand show worth remembering and Reiji, despite being the clown of the group, could be quite serious when it came to work and was known to steal the spotlight with his charm. It was a silent agreement that they would aim higher together as competitive and exceptional individuals.

"You better pass that audition, Reiji." Aine taunted.

"I'll make sure to blow your mind away." The brunet shot back. "So you better be prepared!"

The sun finally set and the night unfolded to the fist bump of two great friends and rivals.

I look forward to singing with you in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 is finally out! Ugh, I should be typing Chapter 6 but typing is hard when you know your exams are nearing yet here you are, prioritizing them fanfics xD Hello dear readers~! Sorry to have kept you waiting (and you'll probably have to wait some more...please don't un-love me! *cries*). Thank you to everyone who read/voted/commented/followed! Hope to have more time to update after exams so wish me luck! Chapter 6 is already done, just need to type it ^^

Speaking of the next chapter, here's a preview:

"...you told me you had a dream about me trying to take my own life, correct?" Aine began.

Immediately, Reiji's heart raced twice its speed. "What about it?"

The cyanette was silent for a tense moment until he spoke. "I planned to do it."

Until the next chapter~!