Taken

Dear Wanda and Pietro,

I am almost fifteen now. I still train with Natasha every day and Steve moved away for D.C. I miss you two. It's been so long since I've been around you. I haven't been able to go back to Sokovia. There is threats of fighting against the protestors and Clint thinks it's too dangerous. I understand why he thinks it's too dangerous but I feel I need to return to my first home. Maybe it's just me wanting to find you.

Stark's been trying to make something special for my birthday but I keep telling him it's alright not to. He's already made me a special phone that connects with my suit and sweet headphones. Not to mention his mentorship.

Anya

I close my journal and stand up from the park bench I am sitting on. I start back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. I start to text Clint that I'm on my way home when a cloth is put over my face and I start to feel dizzy. I manage to send off the unfinished text as my vision turns black.

I wake up in a cage. I see another cage next to the one I'm in. "Hello there. How are you doing?" a male voice calls.

I turn to look at him and slowly sit up. "What happened and where am I?"

"You were brought to this base in Sokovia. The scientists give us powers to help them," the boy says again.

"Oh. Great. This is not how I imagined my return to Sokovia. How do we get out of here?"

They look at me perplexed. "Why would you want to leave? They haven't done anything yet."
"Why would I want to be a human lab rat? I'd rather not die soon. I have a brother and friends back in America. I didn't sign up for this."

They look at me, then at each other. "You aren't here by choice? We volunteered for the process. We need the powers they granted us to avenge our parents and friends. They should be coming for you soon."

Just as he said that, I hear the tumblers in the door move and someone starts to drag me out. "Where are you taking me?"

"We've been after you for quite a while. They'd rather not postpone your tests," the man says. I ram the back of my head into his nose but it has no effect other than a bloody nose.

"Oh come on," I mutter. He drags me forcefully away from the cage. Everything gets blurry as I am strapped to the table. They inject me with some sort of drug and I can't move. The start to inject me with too many drugs to count. Eventually they carry me back to my room and set me on the bed. I feel the liquid drugs start to make contact with my brain. I try to hold in the screams but they still come out. I sit there screaming before the pain becomes too much and I black out.

The sun shines into my eyes as I come to. I groan and turn in my bed. "Look who's awake." My head shoots up at the voice. "We thought you were dead but you are the third subject to survive." The boy from before sits on his bed staring at me.

I stand up and look around. "I'm not sure if that's a good thing."

"You don't want to live?" he asks.

"If I don't get out of here, I won't," I tell him. "Where have I seen you before? Your voice is familiar."

"I was in the protests against outsiders before coming here. Maybe you saw me then."

"You were the boy who called out fire! Why did you do that? You could have killed people. If I hadn't understood, I would have been fried along with my brother."

"I remember you now. How did you understand what I said?" the boy asks.

"I told you. I was born in Sokovia." I look around for a moment before doing a few flips. I end up clinging to the ceiling and wrap my legs around the bars.

"What are you doing up there?" he asks.

"Exercise. Have to stay in shape if I want to get out of here," I tell him.

"Good luck with that," he smirks. "While you're here, why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"Not much to tell," I dodge.

The girl from before walks into our cell. "Hello again," she says. "Have you exhibited any powers yet?"

"If I did, I wouldn't tell anyone. I don't need or want powers."

A man walks into the room containing our cells. "How are you all doing today?" he asks.

"How would you be doing if you were taken from your family and experimented on against your will?" I ask, sarcasm dripping from my voice. I do a flip from the ceiling, landing on my feet. "I hope you realize how stupid you've been. Let's take a head count. My brother, Hawkeye will come for me without fail. Black Widow, an assassin I think of as a sister is his partner. Captain America, a personal friend of mine who feels he owes me for all my help no matter how many times I try to stop him and then there is the entirety of S.H.I.E.L.D. where I have lived for most of my life. Lastly we have a man who has been a mentor to me for years, Stark. You don't think they'll come for me?"

"I know they'll come for you. I am ready for them. Before they get here, you are going to protect us."

I let out a chuckle. "And why would I do that. I will die before I help you."

"We know where your friends are. From Sokovia."

I hold back a gasp. "I've lived without them for eight years. I hardly remember them anymore. They probably think I'm dead. Now as I said before, I will die before I ever help you."

He laughs as he leaves the room. "We'll see about that."