Training

The next morning, I wake up early. I suit up in the suit Tony gave me and head to the training room.

Natasha is punching around a dummy. "Hey, Nat!" I call. She turns abruptly and smiles.

"Hey, Anna," she replies, grabbing a towel. "How you feeling?"

"Great. I have information you may enjoy," I tell her, slyly.

"And it would be?"

"You know how it works. You gotta fight for it!" She smiles and we head for the ring. We start out slow before things speed up. We are there for half an hour, getting nowhere.

"Anna!?" someone shouts. I turn and Natasha pins me. Sam stands there, looking confused at the two of us. He walks up as Natasha helps me up. "You are dead. How are you still alive?"

"Obviously I'm not dead. I needed some time to recover from the bullet wounds so I was taken to Clint's house. I recovered and helped him out a bit before returning."

Sam wraps his arms around me, spinning me around. "You don't know how good it is to see you. The twins have been a wreck since they were told you were dead. So were Natasha and Steve. They seemed to get over it pretty quickly, though."

"Yeah, no we didn't," Natasha says. "I walked into Clint's house and found out. I came back and brought Steve. We've known for a while." Sam looks at us in annoyed shock.

"Before you make assumptions, I didn't let them tell you because I thought Fury didn't know. I didn't want to be interrupted for some mission while I spent time with my family. Though, just found out that Fury did know that I was alive and was giving me time off I didn't even know I could have. I'm here to stay."

"Any assignments?" Natasha asks.

"I'm actually going to help with training the new recruits. You and Steve have been working on physical and mental training but it doesn't include their powers or the tech they use."

"Does that mean I get to use my wings?" Sam asks.

"Yep, go get them," I tell him. He rushes off and I turn to Natasha.

"What was the information you had for me?" Natasha asks.

I look at her, confused, then realize, "Oh, right. Yeah. He wasn't in Calcutta this time. Nefasit. Small town in Africa. He was still helping people. Right now, he's probably asleep but you could always wait for him in his lab."

Natasha looks at me shocked. "You found him? How?"

"My telepathy. I tracked his thoughts and convinced him to come back. He may be a little frazzled from the flight," I say.

Natasha bursts out, laughing. "You flew him here with your wings? How did you get him to do that?"

"I just did it. He was too busy fretting to argue."

Natasha pulls me into a tight hug that I return. "Thank you. Thank you so much!"

"Go get him. Have fun and relax for a few days, alright?" I tell her. She smiles and nods before running out the door. As she is leaving, Sam is coming in. "Ready?"

"Ready as I'll be, what are we doing?"

"Hand to hand combat in the air. The challenge of fighting in the air is you have nothing as your counterbalance. You have to depend on your wings." I extend my wings and set us a punching bag on the ceiling. "We'll start with you punching this. Once you can get constant good strikes, you're gonna be fighting me. Get to work!" I land on one of the beams and retract my wings. He tries to punch but keeps slipping and missing. After thirty minutes, Steve walks in, ready to train. I fly down and land in front of him. "Hey, Steve. What's up?"