Maximoffs meet the Bartons

"Anna, can you come up here? I need some help with Nathaniel so I can start making dinner," Laura calls.

"I'll be right there. You guys be good while I'm up there, alright." The kids nod and reach for their books while I climb the stairs. "Hey there, little guy!" I say, cheerily. I gently take the small child from Laura's arms. "I got him. You go do what you need to do."

"Thank you," Laura says. She leaves and goes downstairs to start dinner.

After a while, I hear the door open and close. "Daddy!" the kids cry. I smile and walk downstairs, slowly.

"Do you want to say hi to daddy?" I ask Pietro he giggles and goes to grab his feet. "Do you want to say hi to daddy?"

He lets out a laugh, screaming, "DA! DA!"

I gasp and walk a little faster down the stairs. We get to the kitchen where Clint stands kissing Laura. "Guess who wants to say hi to daddy."

Clint smiles and picks Nathaniel up and swings him lightly in his arms. "DA!" he cries.

Laura and Clint look at each other. "Looks like we have a little genius on our hands." I look at them, curious. "He shouldn't be talking for another few weeks, months even. Oh, I brought some people I want you guys to meet." I'm handed back Nathaniel as Clint goes to the living room. "I want you to meet some of my new teammates. This is Pietro and Wanda Maximoff."

They come from behind the corner and I smile at them. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"This is what you've been doing?" Pietro asks. "Taking care of kids?"

"My niece and nephews. Nothing more fun or interesting in the world. Want to hold Nathaniel?" Pietro starts to freak out as I try to hand him the baby. "You'll do fine."

Wanda sees the nervousness that Pietro is giving off. "May I?"

"Sure. Make sure to support his head. Wouldn't want the little genius to get hurt."

Wanda smiles and bounces him around. "Hey little guy. How are you?"

"His name is Nathaniel Pietro Barton," Clint says. We walks over and wraps his arms around Laura. "In honor of the kid who saved my life."

Pietro tears up a bit before wiping them away. "I'm honored."

"Don't let it get to your head, kid," Clint smirks. I give him a little shove. "What?"

"Come on, it's time for dinner," Laura says.

I walk over and make Nathaniel a bottle. I carefully take the baby back as Wanda goes to sit down. I feed him is bottle before burping him lightly. As I set him in his car seat and turn back to the others, I see smiles on all their faces. "What are you all looking at?"

"You're great with kids," Clint says. "How come they all listen to you and not me?"

"Because I'm the funny aunt who lets them get away with stuff and you're supposed to be the dad who grounds them and who they get in trouble with."

"That's Laura. I'm a fun guy."

"Have you had that talk with Lila yet? You seemed rightfully strict when she answered the door to me a few nights ago. I would have made sure she didn't do it again by just telling her, not making a big thing out of it." Clint stutters for an answer but comes up with nothing. We go through dinner, having a friendly conversation the entire time. Even the children were engaged.

When bedtime comes, Clint puts Lila and Cooper to bed and Laura handles Nathaniel. I show Pietro and Wanda to guest rooms before taking my stuff to the couch. I turn out some of the lights and try to get some sleep. I open my eyes when I hear to sets of small footsteps on the stairs. "Anna," Cooper says. "Will you read us a story?"

I smile and get up. "Of course."

"With the magic?" Lila hopes.

"With the magic." We all climb the stairs and go into Cooper's room. "Which book to you want me to read?" Lila hands me a book and they both cuddle with each other under a blanket. As I read, Cooper and Lila slowly fade off. Halfway through the story, they're both fast asleep.

I smile, close the book and set it aside. I pick Lila up, moving her to her room. Pietro watches me from his door. I tuck Lila in before turning the lights of and returning to Cooper's room. I move him so he's laying down before pulling the blankets up and turning the lights out. I close the door and turn to Pietro. "Do you want a story, too?"

He chuckles before walking towards me. "I have the room next to Nathaniel. He is still awake."

"Let's see if I can fix that." I walk towards Nathaniel's room and open the door. Both Laura and Clint stand in there. "Hey, having trouble?"

"Lila and Cooper aren't this difficult. They went to sleep easily enough."

"Want to rethink that?" Pietro says. Clint looks at him confused.

"Both of them came downstairs. Wanted a story," I tell him.

"I read them a story," Clint replies.

"Well, I guess you didn't read it right, then."

He smiles and messes up my hair. "And you got them to sleep."

"Only got through half the story," Pietro assures.

Clint glares at him. "Not cool."

Laura comes over with Nathaniel. I pick him up and sway lightly. "How do you always get him to sleep so quickly?"

I smile and look at her. "I show him something peaceful. Clint, do you remember when Wanda made the team see their worst fear." He nods. "There's another way to use that power. It's not just for fear. It could be anything. For example, a peaceful scene. I find he likes the beach the most. He easily falls asleep to the sound of the ocean." My hands glow and wisps fly around the room. The sounds of the ocean fill the air and Nathaniel yawns. He tries to grabs the wisps before he just closes his eyes and falls asleep.

"Amazing," Clint says. "How did we never realize?"

"You never heard it before. I projected it so only we could hear it," I tell them. I set Nathaniel back in his mother's arms and yawn. "I'm gonna turn in. Good night!"

"Good night!" Clint calls back. As I leave, Pietro follows and Clint whispers to Laura, "We need some nature CDs."

I sit down on the couch, looking at Pietro. He pulls the blanket up to my neck and kisses my forehead. "Just like old times." I smile.

"I missed you," Pietro whispers. "When I thought you died. I thought I'd never see you again."

Tears come to his eyes. "I'm sorry." I pull him into a hug that he returns instantly. "I should have told you."

"I thought I'd never get to tell you." I look at him, confused. "I love you, Anya. I have since we were kids. I know that you might not feel the same way but I had to tell you."

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "Well what do you know?" He goes from confusion to shock as I kiss him. Soon, he's kissing back. When we pull away, I look him in the eye. "I love you too."

.coymu