¹²

Door 12

THE MAGICAL PLAYLIST

Kimi wakes up and grumbles. Will there ever be a day he isn't woken up by something or someone? With a sigh he gets up and walks into Max's bedroom. There he irritated stops.

Baby cries? He blinks confused and shakes his head shortly. When he looks to the bed his jaw nearly fell to the ground. In the bed are lying two babys. Well,  toddlers. Maybe 3 years old. One of them is crying.

"Shh Maxie, it's fine. Everything's alright." Mumbles the former driver while picking up the child. He starts humming a Finnish lullaby and brings Max to his own bedroom.

He starts looking who also turned into a child. The result is not what he expected.

Oscar, Logan, Charles, Pierre, Yuki, Max, Lando, George, Carlos, Alex, Zhou, Lance, Este, Mick, Nikita, Pascal, Stoffel, Danny and Kevin all turned into kids.

He wakes up the drivers who are still adults. "Why the fuck is Kevin a child?" Whispers Nico. "We don't know." Answers Kimi quietly. "Well, he is with Daniel the only one of the older drivers who is a kid." Michael says.

"It will have a reason." Mumbles Mika. "Oh God, how will we manage this?" Sighs Jenson and the rest shrugs their shoulders. When they hear a cry from upstairs they all go to the bedrooms to watch the kids.

Jenson picks up Alex and Pierre and brings them into his own room, where Romain already put some plushies, toys and sheets.

Pierre immediately snuggles up to the Swiss in his sleep and sighs in comfort while Alex wakes up. Jenson reads him a story to keep him calm which actually works pretty well.

The chaos starts with the breakfast. Mick, Max and Kevin are peaceful because Mika, Michael and Kimi know them since they are real kids so the drivers know what the kids liked back then.

The rest loudly screams and yells because eveyone wants something diffrent. Jenson and Romain have enough and shoo everyone out of the kitchen, except for their children of course. Pierre and Alex both get a toast with strawberry marmalade and a cup of milk with a bit of honey.

When the two children have finished, Jenson shouts "Next!" Kevin is pushed in with Mick and Max. Buns with caramel syrup are placed in front of them. The three kids quickly grab the pastries and run back into the living room.

One by one, first the children and then the parents get breakfast, which Romain and Jenson prepare. Afterwards, they eat something themselves and have a quick chat.

"It's risky." Romain points out. "Maybe, but I don't drive any more. And it's riskier with Lewis." Says Jense. "Maybe, but at the same time it's easier because its the same series." Sighs the younger one and Jenson nods in agreement.

They return to the livingroom where a sweet picture is seen. Most of the kids are eating their breakfast while the parents talk quietly. Baby Oscar is fast asleep in Mark's arms.

Michael lies on his back on the floor. Mick sits on his stomach and enthusiastically explains something with his arms and a glow in his eyes Jenson hadn't seen in a long time. The young boy is visibly happy to have his dad back like 20 years ago even tho he doesn't remember. Michael blinks into the brightness of the lamp and smiles lovingly at his son. Mika is sitting cross-legged on the floor. Michael's head lies in his lap and the Finn strokes his husband's hair with one hand while he assists Mick with the other, imitating an F1 car.

Tonio recreates various animals with his hands to distract Danny. The poor man already had severe shoulder pain before he became a child, but now he perceives it in a completely different way and cries quickly if he is not distracted.

"Turtle, turtle!" The 4-year-old screams and Tonio tries imitate one with forming his left hand into a fist and placing it on the back of his right hand. He turns his right thumb and pinky outwards and rows. Danny giggles and the Italian in front of him starts to smile.

But of course it doesn't stay so quiet and peaceful. The kids get lively and sometimes hyperactive. Surprisingly, Oscar and Logan are the worst in that sense. As soon as they are in a room, they scream and laugh all the time and run around all the time.

Mark eventually finds out that the music calms the children and they become much quieter with the music. So a playlist is created.

From 'Let it go' to 'Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows', 'the lion sleeps tonight' to 'raining tacos' everything is included.

"Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore!" Nando sings quietly to himself while trying to stops Esteban from hitting Danny with a wooden spoon for laughing at Lance.

~~~~~~~~

My God, we're already at the half 😱

Open end, so you can imagine what happened the rest of the day :)