Distance

Tsuna noticed...

He was perceptive, making it difficult to conceal the fact that your friendship was changing. It pained him to see the cheap excuses and guilty eyes as your interactions dwindled from hanging out almost every day to barely speaking at school.

The others noticed as well and the void created by your absence in their life was palpable.

They missed you.

The once cheerful and lively group was missing a key piece, and the palpable change was evident in their interactions and expressions.

The sight of you having lunch with Hibari was yet another source of confusion and concern for Tsuna and the rest of your friends. It added to the growing sense of unease among the group. Even though you still walked with them to and from school, the change in your dynamics was unmistakable. The palpable absence of your presence during their gatherings weighed heavily on their hearts.

One day, as you all walked home from school, Tsuna couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. He decided to broach the topic delicately. "I noticed that you've been spending time with Hibari-san during lunch lately. What's that all about?"

You hesitated, struggling to find the right words. "It's just.. Kyōya's been helping me with some stuff."

The group exchanged glances, sensing that there was more to the story than you were letting on. Gokudera, ever the direct one, couldn't help but push further. "But that doesn't explain why you've been avoiding us my lady!"

Tsuna could see you flinch at that "I'm sorry Gokudera-kun. I haven't been avoiding you guys...it's just that..." You were playing with your hands. You always do that when you're nervous (he doesn't even think you know about that nervous habit of yours) "I've been busy with some stuff...Also, please don't call me that" you bit your lip and avoid their eyes on you.

You bow to them and it takes them all by surprise "I'm sorry if I made you feel like that! I'll try my best to have more time to hang out with all of you!"

"Oi, oi, there's no need for that" Yamamotos hand ruffles your hair as you are still bowing. You looked up at him, still nibbling on your bottom lip, but the tension had dissolved, replaced by a sense of acceptance and understanding among your friends. His easygoing nature and reassurance put you at ease.

"Thanks, Yamamoto," you said, the words accompanied by a genuine, albeit shy, smile.

Tsuna got so distracted that he forgot to ask about the "stuff" you were doing.