CH8

"because a girl and her white coat, as if they were angel wings."

-

tomorrow...

"Did you see the news about the epidemic?" Renjun asked "Apparently it's spreading like crazy right now, especially in central Seoul"

Arin widened her eyes out of curiosity, sliding her chair towards Renjun and leaning towards him.

"An epidemic?"

"You're a doctor. Tell us, what is it?" Haechan pointed to the cartoon picture stamped on the top of the website

"It's written in the title of the website" Arin laughed, sliding back to her spot as she continued her Jenga game with Jaemin. There's been a lot of epidemics in her lifetime, and she's dealt with them plenty of times, so this news wasn't particularly startling to her.

"What are they on about?" Jaemin asked, pulling out a Jenga block.

"An epidemic. Don't worry. I doubt it'll get here. It's probably one of those small epidemics that just die off after a couple days" Arin shrugged, pulling out another block and causing the entire tower to collapse "Fuck"

"No one can beat me in this game. Nice try" Jaemin smiled, rebuilding the tower.

"Why did you transfer here?" Jaemin asked to add small talk

"Did something I wasn't supposed to do a couple years ago" She said "I've always been the doctor who ran with the stroller from the ambulance truck to the ER, and done minor surgeries and whatnot. They used to call me their paramedic but now that I'm here, I don't know if I'm really suiting of that title. I'm a lot weaker than all of you and I don't know. Chenle doesn't seem to like me a lot"

"Why'd you become a doctor then?"

"Never really thought about that. I think the main reason was my mother. She's been sick and lying on the hospital bed for god knows how long. I think I just wanted to help her. That's all. But now that I'm here, sometimes I wonder if this is really what I'm made for"

Jaemin chuckled, placing a hand on her shoulder "You think we were all really stupid fit when we first came? God, when I first got here, I was so slow. Chenle, who was deputy captain back then, had to help me fake my time to avoid me getting kicked out. We've all been there. Don't worry about it"

Arin smiled at him, nodding "Another round?"

"You're going to lose"

;

Arin skipped along the path, enjoying her rare break after staying in the station for two weeks. Jungwoo had agreed to join her, having not seen his best friend in days. It was Chuseok and everyone was on holidays, shopping and enjoying the busy streets of Korea. She was no different as she made Jungwoo lug five bags in his hands whilst she enjoys the autumn breeze.

"Finally, fresh air" Arin sighed, closing her eyes to feel the soft blaze of the sun on her skin "Away from the stink of men".

Jungwoo and Arin soon began wandering off, till Arin bumped head first into a woman. Arin raised her head, staring at the woman who seemed paralysed in her position. But when she switched her gaze past the woman, she noticed an elderly on the ground, blood being coughed up from his lungs. Her doctor reflexes kicked in as she didn't think about anything, simply running towards the commotion.

She was one step away from trying to help the elderly when a hand pulled her back, a firm grasp around his wrist.

"Arin, wait" It was Jungwoos voice. Arin's eyes widened, shocked that her best friend was the one who stopped her when he was the one person who should know how much Arin wanted to help the elderly.