CH33

"i kind of just forgot how it felt to be taken care of"

-

Arin and Chenle halted in position, as if they were locked in place. Arin's jaw slowly fell
open upon seeing a familiar man at the door and a black leather bag on the floor that had different paint brushes and paints spilling out from it.

"Jungwoo" Arin chuckled nervously, shoving Chenle away from her, rather violently. Chenle flew a good couple metres.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, awkwardly trying to ignore the fact that her best friend witnessed her kiss some guy he's never met in his life.

"Wait wait wait" Jungwoo swerved around her and approached Chenle "Aren't you that dude at Arin's house the other day?"

"I'm not 'that dude'. I'm her boyfriend" Chenle shrugged nonchalantly

"Huh??" Jungwoo whipped around to look at Arin "Since when did you have a boyfriend?"

"Oh god" She wanted to dig a hole and bury herself in it "I'll explain everything to you later. But you need to tell me why you're here"

"I got commissioned here to paint a mural in the achievements room. Something about having visitors over soon?" Jungwoo explained. Arin looked at Chenle, widening her eyes as if to signal that Chenle never mentioned that to her whatsoever. Truth be told, Chenle only found out that the wall was getting painted today.

Suddenly, Taeyong came from the door, waving to Jungwoo "I see that you're here"

"What is going on" Arin exclaimed

"I commissioned him" Taeyong smiled "Police inspectors are coming around soon. Our achievement room looks like a den right now. Hence I hired Mr. Kim. Do you two know eachother?"

"Well-" Arin began before she got cut off by Jungwoo

"Yes we do. In fact we're best friends. Since birth" Jungwoo beamed

"In that case, you can take him to the room Arin. Thanks" And just like that Taeyong disappeared.

;

"So tell me about it, how did you guys just, become a thing?" Jungwoo asked, standing on a ladder and painting the backdrop. Arin sat on the floor, mindlessly mixing his paints together.

"I don't know. He just like. Kissed me"

"Yellow please" Jungwoo requested, where Arin handed him the mixed yellow paints "Tell me more"

"Basically. When I first came to the station, he was like the devil. I still remember how terrifying he used to be. But as time passed, I realised he's only scary to mask his care. I think that's when I fell. First he gave me hot ginger tea on a freezing cold day, then he bought me breakfast, did my job for me and let me sleep in when the epidemic hit. Not to mention protecting me from that disgusting stalker. It just...feels good to have someone like him around, you know? I don't think I've ever been treated like that before. I've always been the one to care for others, as a doctor and all, that I kind of just forgot how it felt to be taken care of" Arin now began mixing the black paint "He made this place feel like home"

"Aw" Jungwoo cooed, sneaking a glance at his best friend "But have you thought about, you know, his career? I hate to say this but I don't want you to get hurt"

"Me and Chenle have talked about this already" Arin poked the paintbrush into a new can of paint "And we both said it will be fine but I think we both know that nothing can be predicted"

"Look, not many hot, caring and strong men exist in this world" Jungwoo said to brighten up the atmosphere. Arin laughed, silently thanking him for lifting the mood.

Chenle stood at the window with his arms crossed over and his body like a brick wall stationed outside the room. He couldn't make out what they were saying but they seemed to be laughing a lot. Chenle poked his tongue into his cheek upon seeing them laugh again, a scoff upon his lips.

"You good?" Jeno, who was walking by, placed a hand on Chenle's shoulder, causing him to jump.

"Yes" Chenle said, but his expression completely juxtaposed his answer "I'm fine"

"You look like you want to kill someone" Jeno mentioned, but then realised Chenle's gaze was solely stuck on Arin and Jungwoo. He chuckled, as if figuring something out "I heard they were best friends since kindergarten"

Chenle scoffed "How isn't she sick of him already"

Just as Jeno was about to continue, Jisung walked past, harshly clashing shoulders with Chenle. But this time, Chenle had made up his mind to talk everything out with Jisung. Jisung was his best friend. He didn't want them to become like this over miscommunication. Thus, Chenle grabbed Jisung and dragged him to an enclosed room, tearing his eyes from Arin and Jungwoo.

"We need to talk" Chenle deadpanned, earning an eye roll from Jisung

"What" Jisung spat

"I'm dating her"

Jisung's expression froze

"I know I should've told you beforehand but it sort of just happened. It's true that I like her, a lot. And I'm sorry for not telling you. I refused to admit it because this all felt so foreign to me. I really wished my feelings would go away but...it didn't work like that. I wasn't doing charity by putting you and Arin together in a group before. I did that to cope with the fact that I like someone. To brainwash myself into thinking that...that I was the captain that had no weaknesses or vulnerability. Love does things to you. It makes you weak. And I knew that" Chenle confessed

Jisung sighed "I know you. Your biggest fear is being a burden. I know it all. But I just wished you would've trusted me a bit more. But I'm sorry, for you know, lashing out"

Chenle smiled, holding out his hand "So I can date her?"

Jisung took his hand "Hurt her, and I'll destroy you. Mark my works"