-Chapter 6 Hobbit-

-POV Narrator-

The company is now entering the tollhoard Norí is complaining about the smell saying "Oh, what's that stench?!" Gandalf answers "It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch."

           -POV Maira-

While the dwarves were filling a chest with gold and other precious materials, Gloin stated, "We are going to be paying us back later." Thorin was looking around and saw two swords covert in cobweb.  Thorin says, "These swords were not made by any troll." Gandalf comes to him and thorin gives him one sword while he keeps the other one Gandalf looks at his blade "Nor were they made by any smith among men." He says he pulls the sword from its scabbard and says "These were forged in Gondolin by the High Elves of the First Age." As Thorin heard this, he wanted to throw his blade away again, but Gandalf stopped him, saying, "You could not wish for a finer blade." Seeing these swords, I remembered them; one is called Orcrist, the goblin-cleaver, and the other one that Gandalf is holding is called Glamdring, or the foe-hammer. I wondered, 'How did these blades get here?' and decided to start looking around. Before I could explore further, Gandalf needed to leave. I saw him pick something up, a dagger of considerable size, and then he left. I quickly and quietly left the shadows, walking to the back of the cave, pushing away some leaves and seeing another sword that looked like it was made by elves. However, in the handle, there was an opening that seemed designed for a gem of some sort.

 However, in the handle, there was an opening that seemed designed for a gem of some sort

(Please imagine that there is a hole on the handle where you could fit in a gem.)

I picked it up and pulled it from its scabbard. It was well-made, so I decided that this would be my sword from now on. I thought about carving some enchantments into it later. Then, I heard a commotion happening outside. I attached my new sword to my belt and sank back into the shadows. Outside, the dwarves were all armed, looking in one direction. I quickly moved from shadow to shadow to attach myself to Bilbo's shadow again.

In that moment, a brown blur on a sled pulled by rabbits crashed onto the clearing we were currently on, shouting, "Thieves! Fire! Murder!" As he came to a stop, Gandalf said, "Radagast." He then said to the companionship, who were slowly lowering their weapons, "This is Radagast the Brown." He then asked Radagast, "What on earth are you doing here?"

Radagast wanted to say something, but he stopped. Then he started again but stopped once more. He stammered, "Oh, just give me a minute. Um, oh, I had a thought, and now I've lost it. It was right there, on the tip of my tongue." He curls his mouth, then he blinks in surprise. "Oh, it's not a thought at all; it's a silly old..." He opens his mouth, and Gandalf pulls out an insect. I cringed at that, wondering why he had an insect in his mouth. But he just says, "A stick insect!" and puts it away. Then he continues, "The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows anymore, at least nothing good. The air is foul with decay. But worst are the webs." They were standing a bit away, but through my better hearing, I could still hear them. I got curious, so I listened in. Gandalf asks, "Webs? What do you mean?" Radagast answers, saying, "Spiders, Gandalf. Giant ones. Some kind of spawn of Ungoliant, or I am not a Wizard. I followed their trail. They came from Dol Guldur." I think, 'Spiders? Spawn of Ungoliant? That's not good!' Gandalf asks Radagast, "Dol Guldur? But the old fortress is abandoned." But Radagast just looks haunted, saying, "No, Gandalf, it is not." He looks as if he is going through his memories. He continues, "A dark power dwells there, such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror." He shudders, then he continues, "One that can summon the spirits of the dead." My eyes widen at that – a necromancer?! Radagast continues, "I saw him, Gandalf. From out of the darkness, a Necromancer has come." Gandalf looks worried and asks, "A Necromancer. Are you sure?" But Radagast just pulls something out of his pocket, wrapped in a cloth. He opens it slightly, and I could make out a little of what it was, but I wasn't sure. However, Gandalf's reaction and what Radagast next said gave me an answer. "That is not from the world of the living." My eyes widened in shock as I thought, 'But that can't be. That's a Morgul blade. But I thought the Nazgûl were gone!' Something had happened that I needed to look into, but I couldn't think further because I felt a presence. A moment later, we all heard warg howling. Bilbo asked, "Was that a wolf? Are there--are there wolves out there?" but Bofur said, "Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." In that moment, a warg jumps one of the dwarves, throwing him on the ground only to be killed by Thorin. Another one appears but is shot by Kilí, but it gets up again only to be killed by Dwalin with his hammer. Thorin says, "Warg-Scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." Bilbo asks, "Orc pack?" Gandalf goes to Thorin and asks, "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Thorin answers with "no one!" But Gandalf doesn't believe him, asking again, "Who did you tell?" Thorin answers again with "No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" Gandalf answers with, "You are being hunted." "We can't; we have no ponies. They ran away." But Radagast raised his voice and said, "Let me lead them away." Gandalf looked at him and said, "These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you." Radagast grinned and said pointing at his rabbits he says "These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try."