-Chapter 10 Hobbit-

(I am changing my writing style this chapter to see if it is better for me to write)

-POV third person-

Maira has teleported in front of Mirkwood and is now walking through the elven path. She talks to herself.

Maira: I need to check if the dwarves escaped. If they did, I'm going up to the Long Lake to see if they're there.

Her walking speed picks up, and she sprints through the great forest until she reaches the gate of the Woodland Realm. She hides behind a tree, observing the guards in front of the gate.

Maira: (whispering) It's a pity that I can't kill them, but I won't get on the bad side of the free folk.

She sinks into the shadows, moving beneath the bridge and behind the guards. She slips through beneath the gate and then emerges from the shadows, walking as if she belongs there, so as not to draw attention. Not everyone knows everyone, and she walks to the prisons, finding no one there.

Maira: Seems like they escaped. Good, then I'll go to Lake-town next.

She slips back into the shadows and moves out of the kingdom unnoticed, even though King Thranduil has doubled the guards. That's the power of her new ring.

-time skip-

Maira is now on the bridge connecting Lake-town to the land. She soon arrives at the gate, where she is stopped by a guard.

Guard: Halt! What business do you have in Lake-town?

Maira: My business is my own, and here's a pouch of gold so that you tell no one of my arrival.

She throws a pouch of gold coins at him, and he catches it, saying:

Guard: A pleasant stay in Esgaroth, my lady.

The guard opens the gate, and Maira enters. She sees the same small city built upon the lake, and despite the smell of fish and oil, it's a nice little place. She opens her senses and searches for the presence of the dwarves. She finds some dwarvish presences in one house and quickly makes her way there, sensing orc presences as well. She also detects the presence of the blonde elf and the red-haired she-elf. She runs towards the house, noticing the blonde elf following the orc presences, and she's now a bit away from the house.

     -Scene change-

Tauriel washes and tears apart the King's foil. The children of Bard and the dwarves hold down a moaning Kilí to prevent his pain from increasing.

Tauriel: Hold him down.

She approaches with a bowl of water and examines Kilí's wound, looking concerned as she sees how black and festered it is. She closes her eyes and, while knitting the King's foil, chants in Elvish.

Tauriel: -Menno o nin na hon i eliad annen annin, hon leitho o ngurth.- [: May the blessing that was given to me be sent from me to him, may he be released from death.]

Kilí starts to scream in pain and thrash around even more. One of Bard's children jumps in to help hold him down and calls her sister to assist.

Sigrid: Tilda!

Tauriel continues chanting, and Kilí begins to calm down, as if her voice is soothing him. He looks at her with glassy eyes, and she proceeds to bind his leg. Meanwhile, Óin, Bofur, and Kilí are in the kitchen.

Óin: I've heard tell of the wonders of Elvish medicine. That was a privilege to witness.

Suddenly, a leftover orc jumps into the house, intending to kill Tauriel. Óin, Kilí, and Bofur rush out of the kitchen, ready to defend her. But a sword swings, and the orc's head falls from its shoulders. The intruder is revealed to be a white-haired elf in a silver-shining, gold-trimmed armor, sword in hand, smiling with one eye closed.

Tauriel: Who are you?!

Maira: Maira Annatariel.

Tauriel eyes her suspiciously, and her gaze lingers on the peculiar armor. Maira seems to sense her thoughts and grins.

Maira: Yes, this armor is completely made from mithril. If you're thinking of Annatar, Lord of Gifts, let me clarify—I'm so much more than a 'daughter.'

She opens her arms, and her grin becomes maniacal, her other eye now open, revealing the Lidless Eye.

Maira: I am not the daughter of Annatar. I AM Annatar, and you know what that means.

Tauriel, horrified, whispers:

Tauriel: (whispering) Sauron!

The revelation shocks the dwarves and terrifies the older children, though the youngest remains unaware of the implications. They all feel the power in the name. Everyone becomes alert, even though they know they can't challenge Sauron directly. But instead of an attack, Maira laughs.

Maira: Everyone, calm down. I am not here to hurt you.

Everyone looks confused, and Tauriel, still skeptical, asks:

Tauriel: What do you mean, deceiver?!

Maira just smiles.

Maira: You could say I am not exactly Sauron. Something happened that day when the human child called ISILDUR cut off the hand with my ring on it.

Her cryptic words only leave them puzzled, except for the collective wince at the name ISILDUR. Maira talks nicely, but the undertones of hatred emerge.

Maira: But I won't go into detail. Just know that I am on your side.

Everyone remains skeptical but cannot detect a lie in her statement.

Tauriel: (sighing) Okay, I will believe you because you want to help us, and we couldn't really do much against you.

This declaration surprises everyone, as they didn't expect Tauriel to trust Maira so easily. Maira smiles at the trust offered.

Tauriel: (bows) I am sorry for insulting you like that, Lord—or now, Lady Mairon.

But as Tauriel does this Maira looks at her in surprise and goes red of embarrassment.

Maira: W-what are you doing?! I didn't ask for that. I just asked for some trust here, not acceptance as a Maia.

Tauriel insists:

Tauriel: No, if we are going to work together, and you are really on our side, then I should give the respect that a Maia is entitled to.

Maira calms down sighs and then smiles, helps her up, and pulls her into a hug.

Maira: I am happy that you give me your trust like this. I will try to live up to your expectations.

Everyone smiles, and the dwarves feel more optimistic about their chances of reclaiming Erebor.

Then, a roar echoes from the mountain. Maira shouts:

Maira: Everyone, get to the boats! We need to get away from the city.

The smallest child asks:

Tilda: I don't quite know what you are, but everyone here seems to think you are ultra-powerful. Couldn't you fight the dragon?

Maira goes on her knees and replies:

Maira: It's not that easy. But we can continue talking later. For now, we need to leave.

———————————————————————————

(If you ask why Maira just revealed herself like this then the answer is because she was getting tired of hiding her identity and if you ask why Tauriel believes her then it's because of the charisma boost the ring gives plus the normal charisma of Sauron and believe she couldn't detect a lie in Maria's statement and I hope you liked this chapter or if you think this reveal is weird like i said this is my first story so I'm still not good at big reveals so sorry if you think this was a bad reveal and sorry if this was a short chapter.)