-Chapter 16 Lotr-

-60 Years later POV Third Person-

Maira lay there still in the cave with the sword beside her. The entrance of the cave was sealed with some stones. Míriel sat a bit away with her polearm on her lap. You couldn't make out how long she had already sat there. Suddenly, Maira began to stir, rasping out, "Did someone get the name of that Olog-Kai?" Míriel seemed to come back to life as she heard that. She ran to Maira's side, shouting, "KRANKNIZ,(mother in black speech)" and slammed into her, hugging her and crying, "I thought you would never wake up again."

Maira hugged Míriel back and asked, "What do you mean? How long have I been out?" Míriel sniffed and said, "At least 60 years. I woke up shortly after the shockwave hit, but you just didn't wake up." Maira went pale. For elves or Maia, 60 years wasn't much, but still, much could happen in this time. Míriel continued, "I tried to wake you up, but nothing worked. Then I saw that shard of the Silmaril sucking your energy out of you."

Míriel continued talking, but Maira didn't listen. Instead, she was confused, thinking, 'What? The sword sucked my energy out?' She thought about looking at the sword, and as she thought about it, she felt a weight in her hand. Looking at it, she was confused. 'It teleported into my hand without me using any spell?' She then grinned. Maybe the Silmaril had created a bond with her and was now amplifying her power (yes, I know I am pulling this out of my ass).

Míriel then shook her, saying, "Why are you grinning like that? Are you even listening to what I am saying? I was alone for 60 years." Maira stopped herself from grinning and hugged Míriel, saying, "I am sorry for leaving like that. What were you saying?" Míriel pouted and said, "I said that I trained every day in what you taught me so as not to disappoint you." Maira smiled and thought, 'Aww, she is 110 years old but still doesn't want to disappoint me.' She then said, "That's good, and you didn't disappoint me." At that, Míriel smiled and hugged Maira again. But then something clicked, "Wait, 60 years have passed! Shit, Bilbo now had the ring for 60 years! I hope it didn't corrupt him too much." She whispers the last part.

Míriel's eyes widened, and she said, "What? You knew where the ring was but didn't do anything!" Maira grumbled, saying, "I thought it was safe, and I didn't know I would be out cold for 60 years!" They both started freaking out, but then they calmed down. Maira stands up, grabs her sword, and walks to the cave entrance. She says, "We need to go to the Shire quickly!" She used her telekinesis to smash the rocks that blocked the entrance away, she then move out of the cave with Míriel following her. They now start traveling to the Shire. However, since they have no horses anymore (they couldn't survive 60 years), they must travel on foot. They are still on the other side of the Misty Mountains, so it could take some weeks to reach the Shire.

-Time skip brought to you by Maira searching for the Olog-hai that hit her-

Maira and Míriel are just entering Bree, and of course, it's raining. Maira thinks, 'Why does it always rain in Bree?' They continue walking, although they can't catch a cold, it's still uncomfortable to walk in the rain. Then, Maira sees an inn, and Míriel sees it too. She asks, "Can we please stay here for the night? It's raining, and I'm cold." Maira initially wants to refuse, but she feels something. She looks at the inn and senses the Ring. She couldn't feel the Ring when Bilbo had it, and that could only mean one thing – it has awoken, and the Nazgûl will be on their way here shortly. She looks at Míriel and says, "You know what, today's your lucky day. We will stay here." With that, she swings open the door to the pub.

   -scene change to Frodo-

Some time earlier in the pub, Frodo jumps up after hearing Pippin say his name. He pushes his way towards the bar, trying to stop Pippin. Pippin continues loudly, saying, "Frodo Baggins. He's my second cousin once removed, on his mother's side, and my third cousin twice removed on his father's side...if you follow me." Frodo arrives at Pippin's side, grabbing his sleeve and spilling his beer. He says, "Pippin!" Pippin answers, "Steady on, Frodo!" Pippin pushes Frodo away, and he stumbles backward, falling to the floor. At that instant, the inn goes silent, and all attention turns to Frodo.
The ring, in almost slow motion, seems to hang in the air for a few moments before falling. Frodo stretches his hand out to catch it, but instead of catching it, it lands on his finger. After a short moment, he vanishes in front of everyone's eyes. There is a sharp intake of air, followed by total silence. Sam looks sick, Pippin instantly sobers up, realizing his folly. A person with a hood in the back of the pub frowns, and the inn erupts in excited babble.

The Lord of the Rings: An unlikely ReincarnationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara