31-35

Chapter 31
The city of Hong Kong was quite small, and was surrounded by the sea on three sides. The tropical wind blew in from the South China Sea and dispersed the winter chill that came from the north. There were dark clouds in the night sky, and there were thousands of boats, both large and small, moored by the Victoria Harbor of this charming oriental city.

When Qi Mu arrived at this pocket-sized city, he found his overcoat too cumbersome. By the time he exited the airport's restroom, he had switched to a thin white shirt.

The hotel he booked was on Lantau Island, a short distance from Hong Kong's city center. He took a taxi from the airport and arrived at the hotel where he set down his luggage and tidied up. After freshening up, he spent his first night in the city quietly.

Qi Mu once visited Hong Kong on a global tour with the Vienna Symphony Orchestra. He was impressed by the city's frantic schedule but never got the chance to explore.

Which was why Qi Mu woke up early the next morning. After he had cleaned up, he decided to explore the city.

The handsome youth wore a thin shirt, and a jacket was tied casually around his waist. This style was suited to someone in their twenties, so when he stepped out of his room, the guest entering the room next to his pulled down his sunglasses and stared at him silently.

Qi Mu put his card in his pocket and turned to come face-to-face with the man who has been staring at him for who knows how long.

Qi Mu: ". . ."

Min Chen: ". . ."

Qi Mu immediately turned to look at his room's door, making sure it was not his apartment in B City. Then he finally accepted the reality--for some reason, Min Chen was his next door neighbor yet again!

A black and white baseball cap hid half his face, effectively masking his awkwardness, and Qi Mu considered things for a while then finally asked, "Mr. Min. . . you're also in Hong Kong? Leisure trip?"

"Ah, I'm participating in the music festival."

Qi Mu: ". . ."

What a straightforward answer!

Seemingly aware of Qi Mu's embarrassment, Min Chen burrowed the hint of amusement in his deep gaze and said as if nothing had happened, "I didn't expect to book the same hotel as you. What a coincidence."

Min Chen really wasn't lying. He hadn't told Daniel to do anything specific. He only wanted to not be in the center of the bustling city and had no other concerns. So, without Min Chen knowing about it, Daniel had booked a room at this hotel on Lantau. And. . . his room was next to Qi Mu's.

Min Chen was surprised when he saw Qi Mu, but Qi Mu. . . didn't think so.

The person you ate lunch with yesterday suddenly appeared in the room next to yours, thousands of kilometers away, the next morning. Anyone would think they were. . . what was the word? Stalker?

It flashed in Qi Mu's mind, but he shook his head, throwing away the inexplicable idea. How could Min Chen be a stalker? Well, he had to be overthinking it. He had to be.

"I didn't expect you'd also be staying here. The festival will officially begin next week, Mr. Min. . . are you planning to go sightseeing?" After thinking about it some, Qi Mu politely smiled, "I'm about to go and explore as well. Shall we go together?"

While he spoke, Qi Mu glanced down at the small suitcase in Min Chen's grasp.

Min Chen raised an eyebrow in surprise, then he gently nodded, "Okay, let's go together."