141-145

Chapter 141

Soon after Min Chen flew to Vienna, S City was addled with heavy rainstorms and lightning strikes. Numerous flights were delayed, leaving countless passengers groaning at the airport.

The members of Bai Ai were among them, stranded in the S City

Daniel made a phone call to learn about the situation in Vienna. He knew they probably had to stay at the HongQiao Airport for another four to five hours, so he comforted the members of the orchestra. Unlike their chief conductor, he let the members move freely.

His headache saw no end.

Eyes glued to his phone, Christole exclaimed, "Wei Ai... Hah?!"

Running over, Daniel asked, "What is it, Christole? What happened to Wei Ai?"

Christole showed his phone's screen to Daniel, displaying the 《Sound of Vienna》's app interface. At the top, a bold, red headline read--

《The Concertmaster of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra is suspected of murder and has pending charges against him in the Vienna court.》

Looking at the headline, Daniel was somewhat at ease. Recalling the letter he sent a few months ago, he expected a harsh outcome. He just didn't think it would be this, and just a month before Wei Ai's tour at that.

He was pretty sure it was Dorenza's doing, as it was tricky to handle it all so quickly.

But...

"Zayev is a murderer?!"

"He's only suspected of it," Christole explained, reading the article. "It is said that he instructed someone to drug a young violinist, but I don't know how that would cause the violinist to die."

After a brief discussion, they shifted their attention elsewhere. The case was still under investigation. It wasn't like they could do anything about it.

Both Leon Zayev and Luo Yu Sen's reputations had been completely destroyed. Even Zayev, who had been running one of the world's best orchestras, would have no chance to turn a new leaf. He couldn't, not after being involved in a drugging and murder case.

The classical music world was a world of strength. It had some muddy waters, but it wasn't dirty and rotten enough to tolerate such filthy villains.

No matter the circle, every group had to have a bottom line. Zayev and Luo Yu Sen had gone well past it.

Clustering at the windows, the Bai Ai members watched the dark clouds and raging winds.

While the Bai Ai members lamented their bad luck, Zayev and Luo Yu Sen were being held in police custody. They had endured dozens of hours of questioning and were starting to show signs of mental collapse.

Suffice to say, the police didn't normally interrogate suspects so aggressively, but... it depended on the target.

After learning that his deputy chief's seat had been sold for 5 millions, Dorenza was enraged. He used all the connections he had to teach the two scums a lesson.

Luo Yu Sen, after basking in the interrogation room's lamp for more than 20 hours, was about to collapse.

He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. Everytime he tried, the officer in charge reprimanded him. But, that was when he could try to sleep. The bright white light kept him up, making his thoughts fuzzy.

The officers kept repeating the same things.

"Did you kill him?"

"How did you kill him?"