96-100

Chapter 96

Although Qi Mu was only a temporary member of the first violin group, for a top orchestra like this, any small change was vital.

Qi Mu wasn't familiar with 《The Magic Flute》, so he made a few slight mistakes in the early rehearsals. Fortunately, he responded quickly and was also a quick learner. Using his absolute pitch to memorize each of the sounds in the orchestra, Qi Mu was basically starved for the chance to play by the third rehearsal.

The days Qi Mu experienced with Farrell were good ones. His gentleness was akin to that of the spring breeze, and he was unbiased towards everyone. It was no wonder this man was voted No. 3 in the most mild-tempered conductor world poll.

It was not that Farrell wasn't gentle enough, it's just that. . . Boswell, who ranked first, and Dorenza, in second, was so powerful Farrell could only sit at third place.

This left a deep impression on Qi Mu who had survived ten years in the heat of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra. These days, he really understood the differences between conductors!

For example, during the afternoon rehearsal today, a member of the trumpet group played the wrong note. If this was Vienna, well. . . the poor sap would have been chewed out by Evra until he wouldn't even dare lift his head.

But at Dresden?

Farrell waited until the section was over before smiling at the erred member and gently said, "Oh, Kenny, you're too nervous. You've played well all this time, so relax and pay attention to the pitch. You'll do better next time."

You see, there was nothing to compare here between Evra and Farrell.

Of course, Qi Mu had now cooperated with the world's top three best-tempered conductors. If such achievements were to be laid out on the Danube forum, it would be a perfect anecdote and soon become the hottest post of the day.

But what Qi Mu didn't expect was by the end of the day, he would hear Evra's name. At that time, Qi Mu was packing his violin case when he overheard the wind group's discussion--

"Well, Cooke complained again today that Mr. Evra is so cruel."

"Cooke's condition is a bit off lately, so it's normal for Mr. Evra to say something. At least Mr. Evra is frank, even though he scolds you, he guides you. Unlike Mr. Bertram, even if he doesn't say a word, people will tremble. . ."

"Don't say it. Mayer posted anonymously on the Danube forum at noon saying Mr. Bertram is on leave today. Christole led the afternoon rehearsal."

"Oh! What a happy event, Christole has a good temper!"

. . .

When these words reached Qi Mu's ears, he was so surprised his eyebrows furrowed.

Although. . . although Min Chen was awkward, stingy, vengeful, had a poisonous tongue, was black-bellied with a good face and a bit afraid of bugs, was his temper really so bad? Generally speaking, he was a kind person.

After all, the things Jenny said about Bertram. . .

"Hey! What are you talking about?! Mr. Bertram is very kind and considerate, isn't he a gentleman?! Don't talk nonsense here!"

Qi Mu: ". . ."

Well, before he could remember the exact words, the person who uttered them appeared first.

The group didn't know whether to tearfully laughing while apologizing to the "guardian" Jenny. The old men were forced to flee by the young woman.

Jenny was sullen for a while but suddenly remembered the reason she was there. The female yaksha abruptly smiled. Though she wasn't beautiful, her smile was friendly and made her approachable.