126-130

Chapter 126

As the《Spring Sonata》concluded, the atmosphere boiled. Nearly every orchestra under the stage wanted to compete to get such an outstanding violinist. Of course, seeing that Bai Ai's conductor was also on the stage, most of them couldn't open their mouths but... asking in private should be okay, right?

"Qi Mu's mentor is Reed Akkad. Say... Was it Mr. Akkad who invited Min Chen?"

"Mr. Akkad's name is really big, ah. Such a perfect cooperation, they must have rehearsed countless times, right?"

".....But I heard that Bai Ai was busy rehearsing lately?"

......

All kinds of discussion filled the air until the end of the assessment.

And the first place went to Qi Mu. With full marks, he was naturally worthy of the title, as he was the first student who has achieved that in the history of Paris' National Conservatory of Music.

Even Akkad was surprised by the result, but he nodded with satisfaction.

If Akkad was surprised, then the students in the violin department were beyond shocked. Angelo, one of Min Chen's fans, ran back to his violin room the moment Min Chen appeared and gathered his latest CD collection for an autograph.

As for his fans in the college orchestra, they were even crazier. Last time, they got Min Chen's autograph from Qi Mu. And now... the actual person was right in front of them, what were they waiting for?!!!

And so, Qi Mu witnessed how the usually rough crowd suddenly turned into obedient sheep, greeting Min Chen one by one and expressing their love for his music.

Qi Mu didn't know what to say.

Say... Some of you guys even forgot to introduce yourselves, you're overexcited!

After the excited students collectively expressed their respect and love, the assessment finally came to an end. Hooke went backstage and invited Qi Mu to the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, saying, "Oh, Seven, I didn't expect to have this conversation with you a year ago!"

Qi Mu smiled and shook his hand, replying, "Long time no see, Mr. Hooke. It seems that it really has been a year... since we met in Hong Kong."

"Yes, Seven. I'll just say it out right. Mr. Boswell sent me to the Paris' National Conservatory of Music in hopes that we'd gain an excellent violinist. Your skill is obvious, you're our first pick. Furthermore, we have cooperated before and everyone in the orchestra is very fond of you."

Hooke wore a straight expression as he spoke, not even sparing a glance at Min Chen. At his side, Min Chen looked down at the youth beside him, paying no attention to the bearded man.

Watching the two grown-up men ignoring each other, Qi Mu didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

If not for the fact that he had witnessed how much Hooke adored Min Chen a year ago, Qi Mu would have thought that the man couldn't stand him.

There were so many awkward tsunderes in the world. Having experience in dealing with the countless charming tsunderes, Qi Mu thought before politely answering, "Mr. Hooke, I really admire the members of the New York Philharmonic. I am very happy to cooperate with you, but at present, I have no plan to develop my career in the United States. I'm hoping to develop my career in Europe for a while."

The words "for a while" wasn't specific. It could be a month, a year, a decade, maybe even a lifetime. Qi Mu discreetly turned down the invitation.

Hooke was disappointed, hearing Qi Mu's answer. When he sneaked a peek at the man standing beside the youth, he thought, Say... Is Seven going to Bai Ai? But no one's quit or retired from Bai Ai, though!

KOCMजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें