196-200

Chapter 196

Qi Mu laid on the bed for a long time after waking up before checking the clock hanging on the opposite wall. At 11 o'clock, he finally opened his eyes and got up to dress.

Qi Mu hadn't slept so deeply in years. Living alone, he had so much to worry about. It was a little easier, in his last life, when his adoptive parents were still alive. But, when he attended Geneva College, Qi Mu was exhausted by school, work, and his living expenses.

In this life, he had only been a member of Wei Ai for five months. He was still a newcomer and had plenty of things to work on.

As soon as Qi Mu left the room, he spotted the tall, handsome man sitting at the table, looking down at a music score.

Qi Mu walked over curiously, only to find half the score blank.

In the middle of Berlin's late Spring and early Summer, it was already hot. Qi Mu walked out wearing only a thin shirt. Maybe the carpet was too soft, or maybe Qi Mu had unconsciously lightened his steps, but despite his excellent ear, Min Chen was absorbed in the score and didn't notice his arrival.

It was rare for him to let down his defenses. Qi Mu smiled. He stood behind him without saying a thing and looked down at the score.

At first, he simply wanted to see what the tune was, but when he saw the third line, he couldn't help humming.

The youth's quiet, pleasant voice echoed in the empty room. The tune itself was gentle, but seemed even softer from his lips. The next second, the bang of the thick score snapping shut filled the air.

Qi Mu: "..."

Min Chen: "..."

After a long time, the handsome man explained, "I haven't finished this piece. There are many things that need to be revised."

Qi Mu: "..."

It's half empty, how could it be finished!

As if feeling that what he said wasn't enough, Min Chen added, "It's very bad."

After a moment of speechlessness, Qi Mu sighed and pulled up a chair to sit. "You really begin to dislike your own piece just so I won't watch you write it? Is it really no problem to hurt yourself that much?"

Min Chen: "..."

Qi Mu couldn't help laughing at the other party's awkward "I wouldn't show you anyway" stare. Since Min Chen didn't want him to see it for the time being, he naturally had his reasons. Qi Mu wouldn't force it. After thinking about it, he asked, "Why didn't you go to Bai Ai today? Is it a holiday?"

Collecting his music score, Min Chen nodded, "Well, I needed to go this morning. I'll have Daniel take full responsibility." After a pause, Min Chen looked up to see Qi Mu peeking at the score.

Caught in the act, Qi Mu helplessly spread his palms and said, "Okay, okay, I really won't look. I'll swear in the name of Paganini, shall I?" As he asked, he lifted his hand and swore.

After thinking for a long time, Min Chen reluctantly answered, "Um."

The two had a simple lunch, then Min Chen secretly sequestered the score away while they cleaned the dishes and chopsticks. Just as Qi Mu was putting a white porcelain bowl into the disinfection cabinet, Min Chen asked, "How long is your vacation?"

Qi Mu was taken aback, then subconsciously replied, "I have about three days before I have to go back. There's something on Wei Ai's side that I have to discuss with Mr. Dorenza, so I can't be gone for too long."

After thinking for a moment, just when Qi Mu began to suspect he'd been asking casually, Min Chen said, "I bought a plane ticket for this afternoon. It'll be a three day trip." His tone was light, his voice flowed without inflection as though he were discussing what to eat for dinner.