136-140

Chapter 136

Entering November, the air in Vienna was chilly and bleak. Where London and Paris had warm, humid sea breezes, Vienna was landlocked. With such cold, dry air, the temperature plummeted as soon as night fell.

Holding his violin case in his right hand, Qi Mu pulled his sleeves down to his fingers, scarcely keeping them from being frozen by the cold.

When Qi Mu received a phone call from the man, his low voice already carried a hint of hoarseness from the wind. "Min Chen."

Min Chen frowned. "Have you caught a cold?"

Perhaps because he also thought his throat was sore, Qi Mu was planning to take a cab home instead of the subway. But for some reason, no taxi stopped for him, even though he stood by the street for a long time.

Qi Mu coughed softly, trying to moisten his throat. His voice turning more normal, he said, "En, it seems to be getting colder. Everyone in the orchestra attended tonight's party and we ended it a bit late, I might've caught a slight cold."

Worry flickered through the man's voice. "Go back early and keep yourself warm. There's a convenience store just a block away from the apartment. You can buy some ginger and boil it in a tea to drink."

Finally, after great difficulty, Qi Mu managed to hail a cab. Quickly getting in, he smiled and said, "En, it's nothing big. A little cold, at most. The season just changed, so it's normal to catch a cold. A few people in the orchestra have already caught colds, so don't worry so much."

"...But, I will still worry."

The voice was low and mellow, yet it rang like a bell in Qi Mu's heart, stunning him.

It took him quite a while to give the driver his address. When he spoke again, he unconsciously softened his voice, "En, I know. I'll take good care of myself."

Even so, the man on the phone was still dissatisfied. "I'm in Japan now, about to board the flight to S City. We will perform at the S City Symphony Orchestra Concert Hall tomorrow. Do you want me to bring you anything? I'll be staying in Huaxia for three days, so it's no problem."

After thinking for a moment, Qi Mu said, "I don't think I need anything. But please send my regards to Uncle Zhu and Auntie Cheng of the S City Symphony Orchestra."

"Okay."

Qi Mu barely spoke again in the next 20 minutes, as the domineering man told him that he should not speak when his throat was uncomfortable. Reduced to only "Yes" and "Okay" as responses, the youth's voice softly rang in the quiet taxi. The most he spoke was just two words--

"No thanks."

After Qi Mu paid the fare and left the cab, the man realized, "I just remembered... There should be a car in the underground garage. You can use it. The key is in the second drawer by the door."

Entering the apartment, Qi Mu sighed as the warm air blew over him. He pressed the elevator button to the top floor, then said, "You forgot, I don't have a driver's license yet. I've been busy ever since I came to Europe so I couldn't find the time to take the test."

Min Chen was silent for a beat before saying, "I will ask Daniel to find a driver for you."

Qi Mu: "..."

Trying to fight off his laughter, Qi Mu said, "Don't be ridiculous. Vienna isn't that big, I don't need a driver." To prevent the man from saying anything else, Qi Mu rattled the keys in his hand and added, "I have to hang up, going to open the door."

Hearing the words "hang up", Min Chen was at a loss. With a trace of disappointment in his tone, he said, "I have to catch my flight too." It was easy to hear his dissatisfaction.