131-135

Chapter 131

Evening fell as Qi Mu left the headquarters of the Vienna Symphony Orchestra.

Carrying his violin case, Qi Mu easily found the nearest subway station and soon arrived downstairs at Lance's house. He was very familiar with Vienna and already knew which turns he should take at each junction and which train he should get on.

When he arrived at Lance's house, the amiable maestro was cooking. Seeing the old man expertly fishing a juicy steak from the pan, Qi Mu quickly took out a plate and helped serve it.

Lance smiled and the two soon set their dinner on the table.

At the end of their delicious dinner, Lance, ever the gentleman, politely wiped his lips with a white napkin.

If this was a meal with Akkad, Qi Mu was sure the table will be piled up with chocolates. If it was with Farrell, he would be questioned about his daily life with the maestro's concern.

But unlike them, Lance was a gentleman who abided by conservative manners. He didn't bring Qi Mu to his violin room until all the dishes on the table were cleaned up.

A violin was placed vertically in the tidy room. The window was opened, facing the street. Through it, he saw a charming view of Vienna.

"Little Seven, it's been a while since I last heard your violin. The last time was at your concert in Paris."

Lance pulled a score stand to the center of the room and placed two pieces of music one on top of the other, saying, "You played 《E Minor》 and 《Devil's Trills》 in this room last time. Although I'm not your teacher... I really want to hear what the pieces will sound like if you play them now."

Qi Mu looked at the scores on the stand, then smiled at Lance. "Thank you for your concern, Mr. Lance. I am honored to have the opportunity to play these pieces for you again."

The old man nodded.

Before long, a melodious and gentle 《Violin Concerto in E minor》 resounded in the small room.

The sound was soft, but the tone was cheerful and bright, Lance couldn't help but smile and appreciate it.

When the piece was over, Qi Mu didn't stop. Instead, he played a short passage to link it directly to 《Devil's Trills》.

The two pieces with distinctly different styles were connected so skillfully and naturally, it shocked the maestro.

When playing the pieces, Qi Mu didn't even look at the scores.

Most musicians practiced for many days before their performance to ensure a good show and strengthen their memory.

But... There were always some exceptions. Min Chen, for example, didn't even need to read the complete score, as his excellent ears memorized the sounds for him. Qi Mu, on the other hand, strengthened his memory by long-term procedural learning so he could memorize long scores. It was a habit he kept from his previous life.

If it was an obscure piece, he might need to look at the scores intermittently. But for widely spread pieces that had been engraved into his head like 《E Minor》 and 《Devil's Trills》, he could play without trouble.

Once the performance ended, Lance praised him with a loud "Bravo". As the only audience, he expressed his appreciation with rigorous applause for the outstanding performer.

"I haven't seen you for half a year. Listening to those pieces again, Little Seven... I'm really glad you've grown." The old man sat on the sofa and sighed, "When I listened to your music half a year ago, I felt a slight resentment behind it. But now, the only thing I can feel is... Well, joy."