146-150

Chapter 146

As the concertmaster, Qi Mu led the members of the orchestra alongside Wallace to bow to the audience before going backstage. As soon as he entered the backstage, he was stunned by the crowd of people around a person. As he got closer, he heard-

"Bert... Mr. Bertram, I love your 《Night Tsunami》. Can I get your autograph?"

"Mr. Bertram, the concert you conducted last year in Berlin is a particular favorite of mine. Can I have your signature?"

"Mr. Bertram, actually... I'm a big fan of Christole! Can you please give him my regards and admiration? I am Karlov, from the Palisade Theatre Orchestra."

Sometimes you could hear someone's praises before you even saw their face.

Qi Mu stood outside of the crowd with his violin in hand, unsure whether to join them or leave. Just as he hesitated, one of the woodwind group's member noticed him and shouted, "Hey, Little Seven is here, Little Seven is here!"

Under everyone's surprise, the crowd split in the middle for Qi Mu to pass, just like how the sea parted for Moses.

The crowd parted to reveal a cold and indifferent-looking man, sitting in front of a makeshift table. He turned to Qi Mu. On that table lay a jumble of notebooks, autograph books, and crumpled papers from who-knew-where.

Before Qi Mu showed up, Min Chen had already signed a large portion of them. Once Qi Mu arrived, he flexed his wrist, then flourished "Min Chen" one last time.

Min Chen didn't stay for the encore, so when he went backstage, the musicians and the actors were still onstage. When the encore was over and the musicians went backstage, Min Chen was standing in front of a wall, looking at the orchestra's records.

To use an inappropriate metaphor, when the first member of the orchestra found this "intruder", their eyes lit up with a bright green flash, complete with an alarm blaring in their head. They stood frozen to the spot.

The first person stopped, then followed by the second, third, and fourth...

Then, someone exclaimed, "Mr. Auston Bertram?!"

The rest was history, resulting in the scene Qi Mu now laid eyes on: Min Chen as meat in front of dogs.

Before Qi Mu could say anything, at one of the most awkward moments, one of the violinists said, "Little Seven, you didn't tell us you knew Mr. Auston! My favourite is Christole! Humph, I won't talk to you all day tomorrow!"

The next moment, someone else joined in, "Right? I also like Mr. Bertram, super like! Little Seven, you're not so loveable anymore! I won't talk to you tomorrow!"

"Me too, I'll ignore you tomorrow too, Little Seven!"

"Me three, count me in. Little Seven, how could you even hide this from us, you bad guy!"

After such a remark, naturally others followed. Qi Mu suddenly found himself with no one to talk to tomorrow. Raising his hands in defeat, he said, "Yes, yes, yes, it's my fault... I'll leave you guys alone tomorrow, then?"

In unison, the crowd called, "No way!!!"

Qi Mu: "..."

This partial treatment is too obvious!

After the members all dispersed, Min Chen greeted Wallace and chatted for a bit before leaving with Qi Mu. The Palisade Theatre was a local theatre, with most of their promances made on-site, so Min Chen was unfamiliar with both the theatre and the orchestra.

The howling of the wind tore through the streets of Vienna on the cold winter night. Underneath the foot, the ground was covered in a dusting of snow, making the world look cold with only a glance.