SEVEN

Beacrox raised his head and looked around.

The kitchen he was in – it was the kitchen in the Super Rock villa, the one Freesia and her subordinates had been cooking in. The vast kitchen was actually pretty clean, yet the cook and greatsword-wielder couldn't bring himself to actually speak his mind and compliment it. After all, nothing was clean enough if Beacrox was the one looking at it.

Freesia who was standing behind Beacrox cleared her throat to gain the man's attention.

"You know, I've noticed how you seem to care about the young master a lot."

Beacrox raised his eyebrow and snorted. She noticed it just now or what? And why did someone like Freesia even bring that up in first place, huh?

"I wonder, why did you and your father leave him in first place?"

Freesia's friendly expression turned cold just like her eyes. Beacrox frowned upon seeing that, yet he didn't say anything, nor did he answer her question. What Freesia mistook as him feeling guilty was actually Beacrox thinking about his situation.

Why did he and his father leave?

It was such a simple yet complicated question that was a bit too difficult to give a proper answer to. It was because the answer was just a lame excuse.

A lame excuse wasn't quite the right word; the answer, that he and his father had wanted to protect Cale from Arm, was a confession – a confession that he and his father didn't know Cale as much as they thought they did. The more Beacrox thought about it, the angrier he got.

"So you aren't going to answer my question, huh?"

Beacrox lifted his head and looked at Freesia. For some reason he got a bad feeling, and not soon after he understood why. The room got a bit colder as Freesia showed her intention of killing the man in front of her through her eyes. Beacrox got the chills, yet he stayed very calm.

"You and that old assassin that is your father, both of you hurt the young master. And not just a bit."

Truth to be told, they didn't actually hurt the Cale Henituse that was formerly Kim Rok Soo. They hurt the Cale Henituse that was now Kim Rok Soo. But as the current Kim Rok Soo who was formerly Cale Henituse had gotten used to it and the current Cale Henituse and former Kim Rok Soo wanted the Molan father-son duo to accompany Choi Han on his own way to defeat the White Star without his help that statement wasn't quite true at all.

But neither Beacrox nor Freesia knew that.

The cook had his head down and didn't dare meet Freesia's cold eyes but the elderly woman did not care in the least bit.

"Listen carefully. I do not like you. Even if the young master-nim choses to forgive your deeds, I will not. Just as much as I will not forgive that weak-ass swordsman-thug for beating him! If you want the young master to be well, you should go away and leave him alone."

Upon hearing that last part, Beacrox was finally able to look the old assassin who was older than himself but younger than his father in the eyes. A certain unusual fire was in there which Freesia chose to ignore.

"I will not, never again, leave the young master-nim's side, even if that means that you or be it he himself, will hate me."

Freesia was just about to answer as both of them felt a strange smell in the air. They didn't actually smell it; it was more like an instinct.

"Blood...?"

As soon as Beacrox said that, Freesia was quick to exit the kitchen, quickly followed by the cook.