THIRTEEN

Red face, which was, on closer look, flushed from an excessive alcohol use.

Unclear und not focusing eyes that couldn't stay still.

And disheveled hair which wasn't tied up for once in a while.

Cale Henituse, the man with the extremely cool behavior, who seemed to never lose his calm, was completely drunk. In his hand, a bottle of strong booze that didn't match his personality at all. But as strange as this seemed, it wasn't even half as strange as the two old creatures sitting next to the redhead and watching him get drunk to this point without doing anything against it.

The ancient dragon seemed just as calm as usual while the vampire 'douchebag' even had the audacity to smile to welcome the newcomers.

Bud rubbed his eyes in disbelief. Never – and he meant not even in their every so often drink-contests – had he ever seen Cale Henituse get drunk. Let alone as drunk as this! While the young noble seemed to be a lightweight with no alcohol tolerance (after all, his face flushed as soon as he took as much as a single sip of any alcohol), he wouldn't ever get drunk. Seeing that kind of person not just being drunk but completely wasted made Bud question whether that wasn't some sort of imposter.

Glenn, who knew Cale just as well as his friend Bud, had the same question on his mind. No matter how he looked at it, there was no way that Cale would get wasted. For that he had too many responsibilities right now, especially at times like these.

"Hic~"

Cale, unfazed by the sudden intrusion of several individuals, simply continued to gulp down the rest of the booze bottle. He then placed it on the round table filled with empty strong liquor bottles. Their count was in the forties. If he simply didn't notice the intruders because he was too drunk or because he couldn't think straight and hence didn't know that these were his people was unclear. Either way, he was completely undaunted as he stretched over the counter of the bar at his inn and brought forth his forty-fifth liquor bottle.

"Heh~"

With a strange grin on his lips, he managed to open it and started gulping it down once again.

"What on earth-"

Choi Han stared at Eruhaben after not finishing his question. The ancient dragon, keeping his composure and cool, looked up with his usual, gentle expression.

"Welcome back."

"Huh?!"

Ron raised his eyebrows and looked at Choi Han who couldn't keep his cool at all. Even if this reminded the old butler of the old times, he couldn't help but notice that something was different. Usually – which Ron had been able to observe over the years – Cale wasn't really drunk and only acted that way, even if it was oddly convincing. Yet, his eyes always had been clear. That wasn't the case this time. Still, trusting his young master-nim, Ron was sure Cale had his reasons to get drunk like this.

"What the hell?"

Ah.

There were still the four kids.

Contrary to usual, they weren't throwing any tantrums and just stared at their guardian in shock until Dodam was the first to speak. He looked the most shocked out of the four siblings. But it was understandable. This was the first real time in Cale Henituse's life that he had ever gotten completely drunk. Not even back in South Korea when he was still Kim Rok Soo had he let go of his senses and let his guard down and hence never given in to alcohol. Not as Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Jung Soo died, not as his life got hard as hell, not as others made fun of him and not as his life felt like shit.